Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday, Sept 28, 2009

The last Monday of September. I love fall! Cool, sunny days; chilly nights, fall clothes, new socks! (a personal favorite!) I bought a few little candles this week. Mulled Cider, Cinnamon Vanilla and Hazelnut Creme. I light them all at once. mmmmmm it smells good! I think I'll need to get some cider this week for a little evening sipping...

I'm feeling better now that I'm not doing tests and I'm eating really healthy and on my vitamins and supplements. Jet and I have taken a 30 minute walk each of the last 3 days. I'm hoping we can keep it up every day, weather permitting. We both need the exercise! I'll be signing up at the Wellness Center soon. (I just need to make the time.)

The Ronnie Hill crusade is going great at church (FBC Rogers). I really enjoy hearing him speak. The worship music has been moving. People are accepting Jesus as Savior and getting baptized. It's a good week. All Glory to our sovereign God!!

I attended a Spanish class this morning. It is going to be great. I tend to get hung up on grammar and trying to speak perfectly. That keeps me from engaging in conversation sometimes. I know this class is going to help me have more confidence and open up more easily. We will be studying grammar and vocabulary and such for half of each class and then conversation and real life situations for the other half. I think it's a perfect plan. Oliver is a really gifted teacher. The others in the class are very nice and we all have a heart to bring others to Christ, so it will be a blessed time together.

I had time to visit at the Food Pantry this morning after class. The Lord is really working through that mission. Today we gave food to 11 families. 7 people accepted Christ as Savior. It's a great ministry. Food donations from the church congregation are coming in routinely. And the food is going out just as fast. More volunteers are needed to serve on Monday and Fridays (10am-noon) to talk with people and to help pack the boxes of food. Pray that those whom God has called to be a part of this ministry will heed His call and get involved. It's a blessing for all!

We'll start collecting outerwear items soon to be distributed to families in need. What a blessing to everyone who will feel the warmth of coats and jackets. Only second to the warmth of God's love in our hearts.

I'm looking forward to working on the plans for fall and winter ministries. I'm thankful to feel better so that I can be more productive. I'm very thankful to be able to work from home and to be able to meet with people around town.

I'm very blessed by my Lord to be able to serve Him full time. Thank you to all of you who help to make that possible for me. Your love and prayers and support are priceless.

Praying blessings on you, and praising our Father in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment