Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A cozy night. Dinner over, dishes done, trash out to the curb, healthy apple crisp for dessert, tv on, laptop on, jammies on, ahhhh.

It's been a busy couple of days. I've been packing my personal stuff up from my office at the church and moved it home to set up my office in the den. This weekend I'll work on getting this all organized. I work from home most of the time and it will be nice to have everything here. The main reason for the move is to free up the room at the church to be the Mission storage area. It's needed for all the projects going on in the next months at the church. I just felt it a better use of the room than to hold my personal office stuff, especially since I work from home most of the time anyway. I hope to finish setting up the 'missions room' tomorrow.

Today I delivered a lot of items to Northside school to be included in the Friday snackbags that go home with needy kids for the weekend. That will be a regular Thursday duty. I pray the donations continue to come in weekly. These are snacks for kids to have something to eat over the weekend. There are 96 kids eligible for this program at Northside and only 75 bags available, so siblings have to share, and there are usually only 8-10 items in each bag. Donations are very important. We take for granted having snacks whenever we feel the slightest twinge of hunger (or even eat out of boredom) and these kids are really hungry all weekend long, until they can get back to school for the provided lunches. Lord, open our eyes to the needs around us...

I got to take a long nap late this afternoon. Man! Did that feel good! It's been a busy few days. I love the luxury of a good nap!

I went to see Sarah for a while today. She has finally gotten rid of the catheter (after a few months) and is going through the pain and issues that go along with that change. To celebrate the milestone, I took some fall garland and decorated her bedside commode. The aides looked at it suspiciously, but I think Sarah is deserving of a Diva Purty Potty! We have to celebrate all the blessings God gives us! There is a little man in the room across the hall from Sarah. He is a character. I stood in the hall for a while today and he and I had the same conversation (of about 5 sentences) over and over. It was almost like the Groundhog Day movie.

The doctor's office called and said that they were referring me to a surgeon to see if we can get rid of my old gallbladder. I'm waiting on the call from the new doctor. Hopefully, we can move along on this and I'll be all fixed up before we know it!!! Also, good news is that my cholesterol numbers are getting better all the time. Some of the improvement is amazing and it's all due to the healthy diet and supplements. No statin drugs allowed (or tolerated by my body)!! I'll keep up the good work! And I thank God for being my ultimate physician. I also thank Him for Dr Bob being a great doctor, too!

I've been sending emails back and forth with some friends from back in Indiana. I haven't seen them in years. It's good to catch up. How do you share so much (20 years worth) of life into a few conversations? It will take a lot of them. I'm looking forward to re-connecting.

It's time for my nightly ritual of one spoonful of Nutella. for medicinal purposes, of course! I think about my sweet friend Erin in nyc, who introduced me to Nutella on a crepe with bananas at a street fair near my old apartment the weekend before I moved. I love having special things to remind me of people. It's such a sweet blessing to keep loved ones close to our hearts.

Time to think about sweet Erin...

No comments:

Post a Comment