Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday again. It's been a good day. And a good week since my last post.

I did go last Thursday morning for my blood test. While in Springdale, I thought I might stop by to visit Sarah just for a minute. I was trying to decide if I would be interrupting Sarah's care or therapy if I stopped. I didn't want to mess anything up, but I didn't want to miss a chance to see her while in the area. I was waffling about whether to stop or not just as I was coming to the street. The light turned red and I pulled into the turning lane. I decided that if she was busy with breakfast or therapy or something that at least I could pray for her to have a good day. As I was walking down the hallway, I heard her crying out. She was having a really bad morning and needed some love. I got an aide to come to her room to take care of her and I got to pray with her to help calm her down. I wish I could do more for her, but prayer is a powerful thing. I only got to stay a few minutes, but I knew that it was God nudging me to go by there. I was glad that I did. I wish I could do more.

I'm always praying that God will show me Him at work around me and how I can be involved. So many times I overlook the signs. I'm praying more now that He will open my eyes to be aware of those signs.

I got my haircut, which is a joy for me. It's my one splurge on myself. I love wearing it short, so it needs to be trimmed often. Carolyn does a good job on it. She says that she is getting more brave in cutting it short like I want. She's a doll.

Thursday afternoon I took Jet for a walk and then cleaned house. Deanna came home in the pouring rain about 9pm. She had been gone for over 4 weeks. It was so good to see her! I and the dog and cat had been missing her! We chatted a little before bedtime. Jet moved back in to her bedroom, but of course, he took his new bed pillow with him!

Friday I worked at the Food Pantry and enjoyed spending time with the other volunteer, Doris. Then I came home and packed a bag and food for the weekend with Miss Daisy. I was coming down with a cold (which I thought was just allergies) and the weather was chilly and rainy, so I was ready to get settled inside and get cozy for the weekend.

Miss Daisy was a sweet blessing. I really enjoyed spending time with her. She had funny stories and we discussed life, nyc, raising her kids, and just about any topic that came up. I worked on my Bible study and tried to read a book, but kept falling asleep for cold-induced naps. It was a good weekend, even though I was sick. I want to go by and visit with Miss Daisy often.

Sunday night I got to share with the congregation about the ministry opportunities going on now and coming up soon for our church and community. I always love telling people about what God is up to. And He has so much for us to be involved in. He wants us to join in. There are blessings to be shared and to be received. It's all right there for us to see if we just slow down and look. He is faithful and patient and generous. He is working ALL AROUND US and we need to be involved. It's HIS plan. and our privilege.

Monday's Spanish class was great, as usual. I'm so hungry for it! I've jumped in with both feet and will try to speak only Spanish with Oliver and Jaime and they can correct me and teach me in everyday conversations. I'm having a blast with it and enjoying it so much. God is so good. I pray that He opens my mind and understanding so that it all sticks and makes sense and I can use it to share Him with others. I can't wait to be more helpful at the Food Pantry and Medical Clinic. I can't wait for my next mission trip to a Spanish speaking country. Please pray for me as I continue my language classes.

Bible study was good this week. We are studying Covenant. It is so special. I had made a covenant with God last December to continue to follow Him as a full-time missionary, no matter how or where or what the physical/material circumstances. Learning more about how God created covenant makes it even more special to me.

I'm so thankful that He loves me and takes care of me and knows what is best for me and has expectations for me and directs me and forgives me. oh, how I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment