Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday evening. It's been a really good and full day. I'm so thankful that God has allowed me to feel physically strong enough to have these days.

Sunday, I got to spend some time with my friend Jana. We sat together during the worship service and then got to spend a little time chatting afterward. She's a special lady and I'm so happy for the way God has blessed her life and the work He's leading her to do. For lunch I was treated by Nate and Whitney. It was yummy and visiting was great. I then went down to visit my friend Sarah. She is making progress on rehab and is getting stronger each day. She's ready to get back home. God is working miracles in her life. I know it's hard sometimes, but God has the strength to get us through anything. Please keep her in your prayers for healing and strength.

Spanish class on Monday was great. Oliver is such a good teacher. I'm enjoying it and so hungry to learn all I can as fast as I can. After class, I went by the Food Pantry and also did a little bit of work at the church. I spent some time in the afternoon making some yummy homemade soup and cornbread. Then Jet and I took another brisk walk. I wonder if Jet will turn me down when the weather gets cold. We'll see.

Tuesday's Bible study was really good. The worship time before we split up into classes was awesome. Mary Claire performed an interpretation of a special song and it was so moving there were a lot of tears in the room. I'm so thankful that God has allowed us so many senses to experience Him by. I shared some of the soup with a few friends at church. While there, I got a phone call to see if I was available to sit with 3 of the Janes' kids. I was very happy to do so. I love hanging out at their house. The kids are fun.

I had an appointment with Dr. Bob Tuesday afternoon. We discussed options and test results and stuff like that. It's good to rule things out, but frustrating to not prove what is actually wrong. One more blood test and then maybe the surgeon will decide to take out my gallbladder. I'm ready to feel better. I do have to say how thankful I am that God has allowed me to feel better and able to function these days. The pain is usually mild and the nausea is light enough that ginger capsules help. Flair ups are not fun and I don't enjoy being awakened in the night with pain, but if I'm extra careful with what I eat it's not too bad. I do want to get 'fixed' so that I don't have to worry about when the flair ups will hit and I can make plans. God knows what I need and when. I pray He will let it all happen soon.

After my appointment, I stopped in to see Sarah. She's doing better. She is determined to stand and walk soon so that she can go home. She and I are going shopping when she's able. She's ready to do normal things again.

Today I got to speak to the Social Workers who work with the counselors in the school system. I shared with them about the different ministries we have at FBCR and what we have coming up for fall and winter. They are very excited to work closely with us to meet needs for the families in the schools. I'm excited about getting necessary info so that we can more effectively minister to the families and share Jesus with them.

Paul O and I met today to discuss the plans for this year's Thanksgiving meals. We're shooting for 2400 meals this year. The volunteers and team leaders are great and it's a wonderful ministry to the community. I've missed this project while I was in nyc. I got to work in ministries there for Thanksgiving, but it's nice to be back here this year.

This afternoon I went by to meet a new friend, Miss Daisy, who I will be staying with over the weekend. I can't wait to spend time with her and hear some of her stories. It's one of my favorite parts of 'Granny-sitting'. She's a sweetheart and I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Tonight I got to share with the 3rd-5th grade AWANA kids about Mission Rogers. This year, the AWANA missions donations will go to meeting the needs of those ministered to through the Mission Rogers projects. It was interesting to see the differences between each grade. The kids agreed to pray about the projects and to tell people about the ministries and invite kids at school to some of the events and to let people know about the help that is available. It was a fun night.

I did get the chance to walk Jet between visiting Miss Daisy and going to AWANA. It was a very quick walk and we both felt invigorated when done. It's supposed to rain a lot the next 2 days, so we probably won't get to walk again until I get back on Sunday afternoon. We sure are enjoying the walks. I think I noticed Jet getting a little 'buff'. I may have to watch out for female doggies following us around on these walks in the future!

Tomorrow morning I'll run down to get my bloodtest done and then I get a haircut. I love haircut days! I have plenty of computer work to do and the critters and I will get the place ready for Deanna's return tomorrow night. We sure miss her!!

For now, it's time for bed. Another blessed day living in God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment