Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh man! The weather has been beautiful the last 2 days! Jet and I went for a couple of walks. Today's was especially nice as we felt the sunshine, heard the lawnmowers and smelled the aroma of some one's supper on the grill. It was great!

Friday evening I got to go to one of the craft fairs with my friend, Zandra and her daughter, Hannah. I don't really get into craft fairs like I used to years ago, but it was special for us to go together. I did pick up a couple of Christmas gifts, and of course, an idea for making some gifts! It was so nice to spend time with Z and I can't believe how much her kids have grown up. Oh, a couple of interesting things about the craft fair... I knew that I'm back in NW Arkansas when we saw Michelle Duggar, and then we saw some flowers made out of duct tape. :)

Sunday morning I began attending the worship service at Cuerpo Vivo (the Hispanic ministry at FBCR). I attend the 9:30am service in English at FBCR and then go to Cuerpo Vivo at 11:00am. Although, the service at Cuerpo Vivo is much more relaxed and follows 'Latino time', so we didn't start till later. The music and message were great. I could understand some of it and even took some notes, in Spanish! I'm looking forward to understanding more as I learn more Spanish each week. It was 2:00pm before I left the church. A very nice, but long time of worship. Many in the membership of Cuerpo Vivo hugged me and welcomed me into the 'family'. As I was sitting and listening to the music and watching the praise band and then listening to Jaime's familiar voice, I just felt like I was at 'home'. I'm so thankful to God for allowing me to be a part of both of my church families here in Rogers.

In Sunday night's service, we observed the Lord's Supper. Our Covenant Bible study has given insight about the symbolism of all of the covenants that God has made with His people through out the Old Testament and the importance of the Lord's Supper as a reminder to us of His most wonderful Covenant. I've always known that it was a symbol of what Christ did for us, died on the cross as a sacrifice to pay our sin debt, but it really has a deeper meaning for me now that I have studied God's promises and how He remembers them and keeps them forever. It's an honor to remember Him in this way.

Spanish class is going so well. I'm learning a lot. I know it's all because God is allowing me to have an open mind and such a great hunger to learn. Oliver is a very good teacher. God has gifted him with great communication skills. Even so, I need prayers to learn and retain the language. PLEASE keep me in your prayers as I learn and practice Spanish as much as possible.

Today I got to share with some of the ladies of the Women's Ministry Bible study group about local missions that FBCR is involved in. I also got to hear presentations by Becky at Saving Grace and Pamela at Christian Women's Job Corp. I have been in contact with them via phone and email, and it was great to meet them in person and to hear in detail about their ministries.

I love to see where and how God is working all around us. Part of my job as a MIR is to share that info and encourage people to listen to how God is calling them to serve. I love getting to meet so many people in the community doing His work. It reminds me a lot of how my life was in nyc. I am thankful to be able to be a missionary here right now and to be a small part of His big plans for this area.

I'm waiting for the surgeon to call for an appointment. At least this time has given me a chance to get over my cold. Now I'm ready for that phone call and to get on the next step. But I know God's timing is perfect. (I just hope the doctor's office is tuned in to that timetable :)

Time for my comfy bed and another relaxing sleep. Thank you Lord for letting me rest in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment