Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's been a busy, busy day and I loved it! It started out kind of rough after being up most of the night with the usual pain in my side. Just enough to keep me from a good night's sleep. But, with God's help, I chug along as best I can until I have to stop and give in for a while.

I had my weekly 15 minute meeting with John. I jokingly said that he gets up and leaves the room after 15 minutes even if I'm not through talking. :0 But I do email him the status notes of my projects with the new entries bolded so that he can review it before our meeting starts. This makes our 15 minutes much more productive. I told him today that he could have the conversation whether I was in the room or not, since he knows what I would talk about. Anyway, things and moving along steadily for the various ministries and projects.

After the meeting with John, I attended the first staff meeting for Cuerpo Vivo (our Hispanic ministry) since I began working on the admin/missions duties for the church. Oliver, Jaime and I spent 1.5 hours discussing tons of stuff. We used Spanish part of the time and English the rest. I love practicing the language! I have a long to-do list for the next few weeks. We are all excited about getting some of the issues addressed and organized, and plans made. I'm very happy working with Cuerpo Vivo.

After this meeting, I went with Janalynn, Elizabeth and Darin to the site for Trunk or Treat, to think about how to set everything up. It was a nice meeting with the property manager of the mall. It should be a good event. Now, we hope it doesn't rain, but there is a plan to have everything inside the mall if necessary. Praying that God rains down candy from heaven so that we will have plenty to give away!

I went by the hospital to pay off my balance today and they couldn't find any financial info on the 4 tests/procedures that were done at the Bentonville hospital. I did pay off the liver biopsy balance for the Springdale hospital. The lady kept asking me if I was sure that the tests were done at the Bentonville hospital. Duh!!! I think I remember all those tests! It wasn't a lobotomy, after all! I guess we'll get it all figured out sooner or later.

Tonight we grilled more veggies on my new baking stone. Squash, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, onions... We had a plate of veggies and then added the rest to a pot of tomatoes and grilled chicken. A little Mediterranean spices and other goodies and it's a yummy soup! I love experimenting in the kitchen. (last week's Cajun soup was smokin' hot!) I'll have to pick up some flatbread and we'll be enjoying hot soup in the cooler days to come this week.

I have a to-do list a mile long for tomorrow, so I will work on my laptop here at home and then go to the church and print everything off. By Friday afternoon, I think I'll have most of that list taken care of. Well, that's my plan. Now, let's see what God has planned...

No comments:

Post a Comment