Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday, April 24, 2011

EASTER!! What a special day. Celebrating the risen King! Jesus paid our debt of sin for us. He suffered horribly and willingly. We don't deserve it at all. He defeated satan and keeps us from going to hell. We get to spend the rest of our lives (here and after fleshly death) with Him. A very special day to celebrate that love from Him.

Even though it is raining, just like the last few days, it's still a sunny day in my heart. I loved being in worship service at Cuerpo Vivo (our Hispanic church) this morning. The music was lively and celebratory and heartfelt. God is so worthy of praise and we lifted Him up this morning!! We had quite a few first time visitors today. That was wonderful to see. During the service, the kids, dressed in homemade Armor of God sang and danced to a song and then 4 of the kids recited parts of Ephesians describing the Armor of God. It was quite cute.

After the service, there were tables set up in the hallway. One was for welcome gifts for the new visitors and the other tables represented the different ministries (Men, Women, Couples, Singles, Youth). I got to help Isidro put together a few things for the Singles table. I love it that there are good ministries for the church family.

We had a great lunch of nachos, hotdogs and bbq wings and hotwings. It was a fun meal and great fellowship.

When I got home about 2:30, Deanna had the house all put back together after her family had come for Easter brunch after church. I snuggled under my favorite blanket on the sofa in the den and listened to the rain. I was up part of the night and got up early so I think I'll go to bed early tonight. I hope it quits raining in the morning so that I can go for a walk. But I don't have much hope for dry skies.

Friday morning I got to babysit for a very busy little boy named John Riley. He is a cutie and fun to sit with. Although, 'sit' is a misnomer when spending time with him! We had lots of fun playing with his toys. After babysitting, Nana Ruth picked me up and we went to lunch at Olive Garden. We tried out a special, limited time item and we loved it! She swung by my drugstore for me to pick up a script and then we stopped quickly at Walgreens to get some bargains. I love their coupon specials! Later in the afternoon, I borrowed Deanna's van and ran to GNC and Walmart to stock up on some things. I was gone about 2 hours total. I was so worn out from Walmart. But I stocked up on groceries (since I never know when I'll get a ride or a chance to borrow a car to go again) and I also picked up some special things for Deanna's Easter 'basket' (which was a teal - her favorite color - plastic bin). I found a teal plastic, double-walled glass for her ice water, a cute stuffed frog holding an Easter egg (for her to play with great-grandbaby Allie) and some of her favorite candy. I snuck this treasure into her room early Sunday morning and she was so surprised. She said the Easter bunny really knew her well. I'm so glad to surprise her with little blessings like this. She is so good to me!

Friday night, we had a tornado warning and Deanna and I and the dog were heading to our prepared safeplace in the little hall bathroom. A funnel cloud touched down near the airport and a huge wall cloud that it came out of passed over our house. There were no big winds or damage, but it sure looked ominous. Jet stayed velcro'd to either me or Deanna. We couldn't go 6 inches without him being right beside us. The cat, on the other hand, got terrified when we tried to put her in her pet carrier and took off for parts unknown. We didn't see her again until very late that night.

There is much on TV lately about the upcoming royal wedding next week. There are shows about Di's wedding and the historical royal weddings and the upcoming wedding. Lots of royal stuff. I find it interesting on one level. It also makes me think about how we are Christ's bride and that we should make our relationship with Him extra special. We don't show Him the respect that we should. We should be preparing our spiritual selves in appropriate ways for His coming for us. We should look forward to it with much anticipation and excitement. It will be more than we can even imagine. It will be wonderful and indescribable. It will be Holy and perfect!! I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment