Saturday, April 9, 2011

Saturday, April 9, 2011

I've been kid-sitting this week with the Thompkins kids. I've enjoyed my time with them. They are spending the weekend with friends, so I've had Friday night, all Saturday and Sunday morning 'off'. After dropping Andrew off at school each morning, I've come home to shower and do a little work. It's been lovely to have wheels to get some errands done during the day and to drive myself to the church for work. I'm being very careful with the gas and it's working out great logistically. Stennett and Celia are in Hawaii enjoying a reward trip from his work. I'm having fun with the kids. They are very sweet and polite and have very different personalities. We've had a few funny moments.

Wednesday night I spoke to the Cubbies (preschoolers) at AWANAs about my time as a missionary in NYC and Nicaragua. They were fun to talk with.

We are having new guests at our Free Community Meals on Fridays at the church. Once we get the advertising flyers from Brian at church, we'll get them to some appropriate places to get the word out. I hope Brian gets them to me soon. We're ready to distribute them! We've been getting some great food donated for the meals, which will keep the costs down. It's fun to network between resources and needs.

Shirley was very pleased with all the food that was donated by the Ladies' Bible Study group for the church's Food Pantry. Elizabeth has been faithful to help with the Hispanic visitors. She has such a heart to share Jesus with our Spanish speaking guests.

I will be missing worship at Cuerpo Vivo tomorrow because I need to be at FBCR to meet up with the kids I'm sitting for. It will be nice to worship with the FBCR family. After church, I'll take Andrew and his friend Aaron to the Naturals game to see Naomi sing with her choir, and of course, to watch the baseball game. It's supposed to rain, but we're hoping it will hold off until after the game. In the late afternoon, the kids will go to choir at the church. Then we'll head home for a spaghetti dinner.

I'm reading a book titled "When Helping Hurts". It's about the right and wrong ways of offering help to those in need. I've just started it, but I think it will be very good. It has been recommended by some people that I respect. I'll probably recommend it to some of the volunteers that I work with in various ministries.

I've been studying the material that John Caubble has sent for prepping for serving with them in Dubai. I need to start communicating with the College team about the material. It's very interesting to me since I'm researching Chronological Bible Storying for use in Nicaragua and anywhere else that God sends me.

I also have some commentary to catch up on related to my Bible Study. And a FEMA test online for Disaster Relief Training. Hopefully, I'll get a lot of that done while doggy sitting next week. Not to mention Spanish studies. I need to work on my time management to get it all done!

I'm pleasantly tired and ready for a good night's sleep, even though I had a nice nap today.
I'm ready to worship my precious Lord tomorrow.
I'm very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment