Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday, April 11, 2011

My last night with the Thompkins kids. I've really enjoyed them. We've been busy and had fun getting to know each other better. Andrew is usually quiet, but very funny sometimes. Naomi is a character most of the time. They are fun to hang out with. I hope I get to do that more in the future.

This week is benchmark testing at their schools. On the way to school this morning, Andrew and I stopped at Walmart to buy some lemon drops. It seems his teachers said that those will stimulate your brain and they would be good to have for the Benchmark testing. Well, evidently many people heard that same rumor and there were NO lemon drops at Walmart. The lady in charge of the candy said that she has some coming in on tonight's truck. She couldn't figure out why they sold 3 cases of lemon drops on Sunday alone. I hope that there are lots of good scores on those tests! Andrew opted for some gum to stimulate his brain. :)

After school, we had dinner at Wendy's and then Naomi had soccer practice. Andrew and I ran over to Lifeway Christian store for a few minutes. They didn't have the book I wanted, but I got some awesome deals on some clearance stuff. (CDs for 1.69) We were home by 8pm tonight, which was nice to get some things done and relax before bedtime.

I'm all packed and ready to start my doggie sitting job tomorrow after I drop Andrew off at school. I'll just transfer my stuff from one car to another at the airport. Both families will be at the airport at some point tomorrow. The security people will probably think I'm weird, but that's okay. Many people think I'm weird.

Yesterday was special for me to be at FBCR for worship. I love the music and I wish that the congregation would let loose of some of that reservation they exude and allow themselves to truly WORSHIP honestly and freely. That was one part of Cuerpo Vivo that did truly miss yesterday. Bro Wes' message was good and I enjoyed his talk about Paul and his travels in the evening. I would love to someday walk those same lands. Maybe I'll be able to go on that trip next year. We'll see what God has planned. One thing for sure, I get lots of love and hugs when I get to attend FBCR. For that I am sooo thankful. I've very blessed.

There is so much reading and studying that I want to do this coming week. I've got some appointments to keep on a few days, but I'm hoping that I can manage my time to get the most accomplished that I can.

I'm still loving the Chronological Bible Study. I"m thankful that God shows me so many things through these books of the Bible that I have not spent much time on before. Iva May's commentary is wonderful. I hate that I will miss the class tomorrow (due to logistics) because I love the lecture by Lisa and the discussion in our small group. But I'm thankful that I'm here in Rogers for these months to participate in the class as much as I do. Another wonderful blessing.

As much as I'm thankful for everything that God brings my way while here in the states, I can't wait to get back to Nicaragua and serve there. It's not an easy life there, and I think that living so easy here makes me notice the difference. I hope that in the future, I can be there more and have the chance for Bible studies and on-going ministry, in addition to the work we do with the teams that come down for a week at a time.

I'm up for what ever God allows me to do. I want to be ready spiritually and physically to serve. I'm praying about getting more disciplined in the health department. I can't do it on my own. This is one area that I definitely need God's intervention and guidance. I just keep getting in His way. I'll take it day by day and offer myself to Him. That's all I can do and thankfully, that all that He asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment