Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Almost time for bed and I've had a grand day. Rest, study, cooking healthy food, walking the dogs, ICVI Core Meeting, visiting with people at FBCR, back home to hang out with the dogs...

I got everything taken care of yesterday. The morning was pretty busy. I got the kids off to school, took the van to the airport to switch for the car, stopped by the Olive St campus to switch some food around, bought groceries and then headed to the dogs house. I was there in time for a quick lunch and then a nap. ahhh.

I've enjoyed being here with the dogs. It's quiet and like a retreat. I'm getting a lot of reading and studying done. I'm enjoying cooking some healthy food, too. I'm detoxing my body after eating junk food last week. I had an amazing salad for dinner. I think my body is going into shock from all the fresh produce. :) It reminds me of living in NYC when I could get great produce and fixed strange, but healthy meals and snacks all the time. I don't know why I don't do that more at home with Deanna. I think I need to stay in my 'mobile' frame of mind. I definitely need God to lead my healthy lifestyle.

I need to concentrate and get a lot of small items checked off of my to-do list tomorrow. I get to stay here at the house, so I can do a marathon work time. I'm looking forward getting a lot done. It will be nice to have breaks to eat healthy food and to walk the dogs. Sounds like a good plan, anyway...

I got calls from 2 families today to schedule some babysitting jobs for next week. God is blessing me tremendously these last few weeks with sitting jobs to get me through this month paying taxes. I should be able to set a little back into savings to go toward the plane tickets for India and Dubai in the fall. The trip will cost about 1/4 of what I make for the whole year, so it will take a lot of blessings from God to make it work! But if He is planning it for me, He will show me how He is providing for it.

I got to speak to Bro Wes a little tonight after church. We were discussing the possible 2 trips to Israel next year. I would love to be able to go on one of them, but the cost is very high for me. And the timing might not be good for me to be gone from Nica. We'll see. Maybe the next year...

I'm so blessed to be able to serve in many interesting ways and in some fun places. I love that God has allowed my life to be conducive to travel whenever and wherever He directs. I love not owning many things and being mobile. It's opposite of what the world defines as success, but it's exactly what I want for my life - to give my all to serving in God's plan. How blessed am I??

No comments:

Post a Comment