Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's Sunday. One of my favorite days. I love getting to gather with brothers and sisters in Christ to worship our Father and King. We take that for granted so much in this country. We take our relationship with the Father for granted too much, too. I am thankful for the freedom we have, but I think that maybe it lessens the value of that relationship sometimes. We seem to give higher value to things we have to struggle for. How ungrateful we are to our Father. I pray that He will help me to experience Him more intimately and to yearn for that deeper relationship and value it more than my life itself. He deserves so much more.

This has been a busy and very productive week. Mostly because I was at home most of the week, getting to spend many hours in my little den attacking projects that are time-consuming. It makes my heart happy to put check marks in my 'to-do' log. In fact, I only left the house for Church on Sunday morning, Bible Study on Tuesday morning and then Friday morning thru early afternoon at the Olive Street campus to help with the Community Meals. All the rest of the week, I spent on the computer, communicating, studying, reading, planning, recapping, etc. I'm thankful for all that God allows me to work on and I am humbled to be a part of His Kingdom work. I'm blessed to work alongside some wonderful Christians.

I signed up to walk in the Race for the Cure on Saturday morning. I had trouble finding a ride, so I didn't get to walk with the thousands who showed up, but I had paid my fee, so the only thing that was lacking was the exercise for my body. I did get the chance to go on my usual 2 mile walk in my neighborhood and then took Jet for a slower half mile walk later. I got my tshirt for the event and I think I'll send it to my sister Pam, who is in recovery from breast cancer. I think she will enjoy it.

Friday night I was a guest at the home of James and Catherine Yandell, friends from Cuerpo Vivo church. I very much enjoyed dinner (a Columbian recipe) and fellowship. It was a wonderful evening and I was blessed.

Deanna had allowed me to borrow her van to go to dinner at the Yandell's, so I snuck it to the gas station and filled it up. I don't get the chance to do that often, but it makes me happy when I can. Of course, I get a very stern look from Deanna for doing it, but I try to bless her whenever I can. She is so good to me.

Last Tuesday was our last Spring class for the Ladies' Bible Study. We will continue to read the Chronological Bible and journal, but we won't meet weekly until fall. Our small groups will meet once a month through the summer. I will get to meet in May, but will miss June and July. The large group lecture time led by Lisa will be missed very much this summer, too. It has been sooo good. I'm still loving this study. It is making such a big difference for me to be able to read all the events in the order that they happened and to read all the scripture relating to those events together. And Iva May's commentary is a step deeper. I'm loving it and will continue to study it and be blessed by it.

We had a couple of days of sunshine and now we are back to more rain. We had some hail this afternoon. It was coming out of the drain pipes and looked like suds flowing down the driveway. It's supposed to rain until Tuesday morning. Soggy...

My friend, Miss Juanita went home to Heaven last Wednesday. I used to stay with her some weekends when her daughter and son-in-law needed to be away. I loved being with Miss Juanita. She was such a sweet lady and I loved chatting with her and just hanging out with her. I know that she is having a wonderful time with Jesus. I can just hear her laugh. I pray for the family as they begin this time of missing her. I'm thankful that they know our Savior and can rejoice in her Homecoming even though they are mourning her absence from their lives. I'm thankful to know Miss Juanita and I will be happy to hug her in Heaven some day.

Now that I have gotten my to-do list back under control, I need to allot more time for studying Spanish. I really need to spend quite a few hours each day on that, and I'm going to try to do that for these next 4 weeks before I head back to Nicaragua. Even with hearing loss, God will help me learn and understand it. I have faith that this is what I'm supposed to do and that He will make it happen. He is so faithful in all things.

I'm so happy to be a child of the King. The message this morning at Cuerpo Vivo was about being enthusiastic and fervent in our Christianity. I don't want to be a dud! I want my life to show the joy that comes from my relationship with Jesus and to give him the respect that He deserves. If you are around me, please remind me of this constantly!!! Our God deserves all we can give Him of our lives! He is Worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment