Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Another week has flown by.

Thursday, I was blessed to join the WOM ladies for their meeting and workday on making Salvation dolls to take to Nicaragua. We have fun working together and listening to the story of Jade, a college student who shared about her father who ended up homeless before his death. It was very eye opening. She was a treasure. We also had some yummy lunch provided by Dixie.

I was under the weather for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I stayed home and worked and napped. I was glad not to be bad sick, just very nauseas. Maybe something I ate...

Monday I went for my morning walk, did my Bible Study, worked a little and then got ready for Staff Meeting. Janalyn was going to pick me up on her way to the meeting. It was starting to get late and I texted her to see if she was on her way. She had forgotten me and had to come back for me. How funny! We walked into the meeting a little late, but Bro Wes was later, so I guess we got off easy. After the meeting, I got a few things done at the church and then Janalyn took me to Walmart on the way home. I picked up some groceries and some items for Nica, as well as some tubs to pack away some of my stuff here at the house. It was a good day, and I appreciated Janalyn's willingness to take me to Walmart for the much needed shopping.

I've been trying to take Jet for walks in the afternoons when it's not raining. He goes to the front door and lies down waiting for me to get his leash. Unfortunately, it was raining today and we couldn't go. He gives me 'that look' that makes me feel really guilty!

Yesterday, our Bible Study small group met for our monthly meeting during the summer. There were only about 1/3 of us there, but we had a great time of discussion. I will really miss the next two meetings in June and July, while I'm in Nica. I look forward to the August meeting!!

I'm still loving the Chronological Bible Study. It's like getting little bites of candy every day. I got an extra Chronological Bible to take and leave in Nica, since I'm there so much of the time. I can't wait to start over again in January and see how much deeper God speaks to me the second time around!

I spent a good portion of the day today on consolidating and sorting my stuff here at the house. I'm moving all my stuff back into my bedroom. I've been wanting to reduce my footprint here at the house and get back to living in one room (like in NYC). It makes a difference in my mind. I don't want to be too comfortable. I was to stay in a 'missions' state of mind. Mobile and no roots anywhere. Freeing up the den from my little bookcase, filing cart and laptop table, makes more room for Deanna's grandkids when they come over. I even moved my bathroom items to the bedroom. I know this sounds weird to some people, but I've never been more 'comfortable' in my mind (even though it was very cozy in my less than 300 sqft apartment) as I was in NYC. I love living out of a suitcase in Nica, too. I just need a bed, bathroom and I'm good. Not being spread out is good incentive to reduce my material stuff, get and stay organized, and trust God to tell me what I 'need'. I still have some work to do in the bedroom, but it's going to be very pleasing to me. Deanna thinks I'm a little nuts, but that's okay. I told her again this week how much I appreciate her opening up her home to me. She is such a blessing. She said she needs a keeper sometimes anyway. Ha.

Tomorrow I'll be having a luncheon with the Ministry Assistants at Lisa George's house. It will be fun. Then I'll try to get some work done at the church. I've got some lunch dates with friends in the next week. I love getting to see friends. And of course, I love to eat!

I leave for Nicaragua 2 weeks from today. It will go by fast. I hope I'm ready!! :)
God is so good to me in so many ways. I am so thankful for all He allows in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment