Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Feliz Cinco de Mayo

It's been a busy and fruitful week so far. I didn't get to do a few things that I would have liked, due to not have a vehicle, but mostly everything was accomplished. I'm thankful to be able to work from home.

I didn't get to go to Miss Juanita's funeral, but I will visit with her daughter Kenneta soon, when all the company is gone. I have such sweet feelings when I think of Miss Juanita. I hope people have sweet memories of me when I'm gone.

I got a good report on the ultrasound done on my liver on Tuesday. (the benign spot on my liver has not changed, so we're all good.) Nana Ruth took me for the test and then we had a quick breakfast. She dropped me off at the Pleasant Grove campus before she headed off to work. I attended the Team Celebration (full staff luncheon) at FBCR. All staff is invited, including Pastors, Associates, Ministry Assistants, Custodial staff, Teachers from the FBC Christian School, Mother's Day Out Workers, etc. Nick Hobbs spoke to us about what FBCR means to him and his family. We had a baseball themed lunch, drew names for door prizes and celebrated this season's Faithful Servant Award winner - Teresa Gairhan.

Wednesday evening, I met Bethany Bishop at the church to discuss the opportunity of her going to Nica this summer as an intern. We had a nice conversation and I'm looking forward to serving with her in July. Then I attended a meeting for the Strategic Mission Team meeting. This group will take on the responsibilities of handling duties that would be assigned to a Missions Pastor. I'm encouraged by the progress of this endeavor. I look forward to seeing how God uses this group to strengthen the commitment to missions and facilitate involvement and training for the members of FBCR.

Just 3 1/2 more weeks until I leave for 2 months in Nica. I'm looking forward to getting there. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. I still tons that I would like to get done while I'm here, but we'll see how God orders my days.

I'm using some of my kid-sitting money to upgrade my phone. It has arrived and I'll pick it up tomorrow and get it all set up. A friend has a buyer for my old phone, so that will be a major blessing! I just need to get it all taken care of. I'm very thankful that God has allowed me kid-sitting jobs to buy these things that I need. He is very faithful!

I got the chance to walk Monday, yesterday and today. Tuesday, my workout was shopping at Walmart for 2 hours - ha! I love being able to walk. It sprinkled on me just a little today, but I don't mind, as long as it's not thundering and lightening. I love walking, but I'm not always disciplined to getting it fit in my day.

I pray for good time management everyday. I need God to order my days, hours and minutes. He does a great job. I don't always do too good listening to him... I need to work on that.

I'm looking forward to a quiet evening, studying Spanish and working on some training material for missions. Deanna and I enjoyed a really yummy semi-healthy homemade pizza. I'll have some berries and yogurt later. Sounds like a pretty blessed evening for me!

God is so good. I'm not worthy. But I'll grab all the blessings that He allows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment