Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday night - time for bed, but want to post something before I get busy for the week.

The rest of the week was spent working from home and getting lots done on the computer as well as lots of Spanish studying. I wish it would all stay in my brain! By Friday, I was chomping at the bit to get out of the house for awhile. Staying in with my cold/allergies was starting to feel confining.

On Friday, I got to run some errands before heading to the church to print stuff and get ready for Cuerpo Vivo's Sunday service. The storms came through by mid afternoon and we had to make the decision to cancel the Day of the Child event for Saturday. Then, wouldn't you know it... Saturday turned out to be perfect! Oh well, we were not supposed to have it on that day. We've rescheduled for this Friday night, so we'll see how the weather holds out this week.

I stopped in at a consignmnet shop on Friday to pick up some dresses and skirts to wear to church while in Nicaragua. I never wear them here, but we wear them every night in Nic. I found some good deals and was very pleased.

Our Children's ministry at Cuerpo Vivo is growing and we're about to outgrow our classrooms again. We're making changes and are glad to have this nice 'problem' to deal with.

Today we had a good service at Cuerpo Vivo and I know that the services were special for FBCR, as it was Commitment Sunday for the building program. Then many of the FBCR family went to the new building to write scripture on the floors before the carpet goes in this week. We get out kind of Cuerpo Vivo around mid-afternoon, so I didn't get a chance to go to the new building, but I know people really enjoyed getting to bless those floors.

I was blessed to join Oliver, Erika and family, along with Isidro for lunch today. I always love spending time with Oliver's family. Make they me feel right at home. They dropped me off at the church in time for the evening service. It was a good afternoon.

This evening at FBCR, we had a special service of music from the Middle School and High School choirs, as well as a few songs by the kids learning to play guitars and such. It was nice. Also, there were quick reports from some of the people who have went on mission trips lately. There were reports from Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, India and Dubai. I also got to give a quick update about local missions. We were all supposed to keep our reports to 2-3 minutes, but we all talked way longer than that. There's so much to share. Anyway, we all had heartfelt appreciation for God allowing us to serve in these awesome places. Many of them are in need of water to live on, but all have one thing in common - the need for LIVING WATER. I'm blessed to be a part of FBCR, which is made up of a group of people who feel called to support missions around the world and here at home by going, giving and praying.

It's May and time just keeps marching along. Kids will soon be out of school and summer plans will be in full swing. One thing is for sure, God's timing is always perfect and we just need to pay attention and make sure we are doing what He asks in these quickly passing days.

Speaking of time, it's bedtime for me. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment