Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Today has been a beautiful, sunny day. Much appreciated after a mostly rainy week or so.

Last week was busy with classes and meetings and regular stuff. Having Deanna's grandkids here has been fun. They spent half their time here and nights at their other grand-parents' home. Elaine was in and out, mostly out, working on the details of the wedding for Britnee. Watching the weather each day was interesting as we all prayed for the rain to end so the outdoor wedding reception would be dry. It stormed on Friday when they were putting up the tents. It wasn't looking good. But Saturday turned out okay and the reception was moist, but very nice. It seems strange to see the weather report now and not really care if it is going to rain or not.

Speaking of Britnee's wedding, it was nice. She was just beautiful. She is such a sweet girl. I was Deanna's chaufure for the festivities. Cora and JD did such good jobs being flowergirl and candle-lighter. Jake did a wonderful job as officiant. Elaine sang beautifully. Quite the family affair!

Last week I ran down to my Doctor's office to get my second Hep B shot for Nicaragua. Cora went with me to make sure I didn't cry. She was fun. She actually went into the shotroom with me and watched. Afterward, she said 'that was a sharp needle!'. I said "I know!" She said that even though I didn't cry, the fact that I cringed counted, too. ha Then she and I went to Walmart and picked up a few items. She is fun to shop with. We picked out some pillows and white pillow cases for a project. JD and Cora decorated the cases with colored markers and now have special pillowcases to bring back and forth when they travel. They did good jobs on the decorating and had fun spending a rainy afternoon at Nana's house.

Jaime, Oliver and I have been very busy working on the organization of Cuerpo Vivo. The Leadership/Discipleship classes have been going great. A lot of commited members are attending. I'm enjoying playing with the kids on Monday nights and then attending the classes on Tuesday. I'm still very challenged during the class since it's taught in Spanish, but it is good for me in so many ways. We'll be winding down on the Leadership classes in the next few weeks and will be on hiatus for the summer. Starting on June 2, there will be a 7 week session of classes to train small group leaders. There is a lot of interest in the classes. Childcare will be a challenge since it will probably not be offered through FBCR, but we hope to be able to find childcare workers and to be able to use a few rooms in the nursery/preschool area for those 7 weeks. God has it figured out. We just have to discover His plan. :)

Today, a friend helped me work for a second day in sorting, organizing and moving items from the former Puppet Ministry room. It was hard work and there's probably another 2 days of work to come, but it was a lot of fun to work with Elizabeth. She speaks practically no English (but is trying to learn) so we gave my Spanish a good workout. It is good or me to be with people who encourage me to speak only Spanish. I'm trying to immerse myself as much as possible. Jaime, Oliver and I try to speak Spanish in our meetings, but sometimes revert to Englsh because it's faster. I think it might be painful for them to hear me butcher their language so bad. ha Seriously, they are very encouraging and supportive.

I'm working on pulling things together to take to Nicaragua. The 3 girls coming down for 2 weeks have all gotten their tickets, so now it's just a matter of preparing. We are all so excited. It will be hot and humid and a feast for mosquitos, but we're up for the challenge!!

I was able to be home for dinner tonight, so I fixed some whole-grain noodles with lowfat alfredo sauce with spinach, mushrooms, black olives, roasted peppers and roasted chicken on top. Man, was it good! Jet was very jealous.

Well, time for bed. It's Wed tomorrow already. Speaking of time flying by... many of the kids I have watched grow up are graduating from highschool this weekend. I can't believe they are that old. (especially when I haven't aged a bit) ha

No comments:

Post a Comment