Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends and family who are mothters! I've had a wonderful day, even though I'm not a mother myself.

This past week was busy and fun. Monday night was nice enough for the kids to play outside during the Cuerpo Vivo class. Oliver spent some time with me after Staff meeting so we could do some Spanish tutoring. It was a good day.

Tuesday was Cuerpo Vivo class for me. We finished up the study on finding your ministry (by discovering our spiritual gifts, talents and personality traits). It was very insightful. And we sure have a great time of sharing in the class.

Thursday, I dropped the 'mission mobile' (the car I am borrowing while back in Rogers) off to be checked out while I was working. I walked from the shop to the church and then back at the end of the day. I enjoy walking, but I forgot and wore my flipflops that day. I could sure tell a difference in my calves. Then when I got home I took Jet for a walk while I was wearing my good walking shoes and made my legs feel better. ahhhh.

Deanna was out of town on Thursday evening, so I took care of feeding the critters and getting the trash out. All the pets stayed alive and the trashmen found the can, so I think it was a successful day. :)

Friday was spent working from home in the morning, a regular medical test in the early afternoon and then I went to the church to work with Erika to get things staged for the rescheduled 'Día del Niño' event. We had to make some adjustments to our plans since we couldn't get into the room with some of the equipment we needed and also, the generator didn't make it. But everything worked out fine and we had a great time. We had sno-cones, popcorn, hotdogs, nachos, chicharrones, homemade lemonade, games and lots of fun. It is always such a pleasure to work with the Cuerpo Vivo family.

This week has been rather crazy as I was trying to pull details together for a Mother's Day surprise for the sweet Mamas in Cuerpo Vivo. I had to be covert about things so that it would stay a surprise even though some of the Cuerpo Vivo ladies were very involed in the Day of the Child event and I had to keep things for Sunday hidden from them. BUT, I had the best time pulling it all together. We gave all the morhers a red rose and pretty candle holder and nice smelling candle during a special time of recognition and prayer during today's service. Then we had supplies for the kids to make butterflies for their mamas. At the end of service, we served cake and punch. All the mothers seemed to enjoy the special considerations. I had a lot of fun doing it.

Saturday, Deanna's second grade grand-daughter Cora, spent about 5 hours with me running errands, picking up the cakes, staging items at the church, and then making butterflies so the kids would have examples to follow this morning. She was such a delight to spend time with and was very helpful. We also picked out some flowers for her Nana and Mom. She was thrilled to give them their flowers this morning before church.

After the festivities at Cuerpo Vivo this morning, 23 of us (including kids) went to at lunch at Abuelos and had a WONDERFUL lunch! The food was so good and the company even better. Lots of fun with friends. Afterwards, I stopped by my friend Isidro's house and he sent me home with a plate of food from his family's dinner.

When I got home, I jumped into my jammies and visited with Deanna. The grandkids went to spend the night with their other grandparents and Elaine came home and we three ladies lounged around watching shows on the Food Network. A nice relaxing evening.

Tomorrow morning I get the pleasure to driving my friend Megan to Fayetteville, so it will be fun to spend some time chatting on the way. Then the week will start with the usual meetings and classes and special projects. I'm looking forward to it
God always has lots of surprises in store if I just look for them. Can't wait to see what comes this week! He is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment