Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just a quick post before I head off to bed.

Friday evening was a lot of fun with the Martínez kids. We had a picnic outside with Jet and played ball and just enjoyed the backyard or a while. Wonderful weather. Danny was sad that Jet wouldn't play Tag You're It with him. I told him that Jet doesn't know how to play it. So Danny proceeded to explain the nuances of the game. It was quite cute. We ended the evening by watching Americas Funniest Videos.

Saturday I was blessed to go to a birthday picnic for some ladies of Cuerpo Vivo. It was hot, but lovely. It's always a good time with them.

Sunday was a good day at church. Set up and tear down for Cuerpo Vivo worship is going more smoothly each week. Just a couple more months and we won't have to do that. What a treat! But we are very thankful to have a place to worship on Sundays!

It's been a busy week juggling various projects. I love being busy and love all I get to be involved with. I'm trying to stay ahead of everything so I can go to Nic without too much pending. God is opening doors and clearing paths to make new ways to honor Him through serving others. It's exciting.

I will be 'granny-sitting' for the next 3 days. I really enjoy Miss Juanita and am looking forward to spending time with her. And Ella, the dog is a sweetie, too.

Spanish learning is going pretty well. I'm still my own worst enemy when I try to communicate. Oliver says I correct myself before I even talk. It's start and stop, kind of like learning to drive a stick shift car... Anyway, I can tell improvement every week. (like chipping hand/foot-holds in a rock that I'm trying to climb. I'll make it to the top someday!) I'm thankful for the opportunity to learn.

Better go for now. Dios es Bueno. Siempre.

No comments:

Post a Comment