Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday. This morning started slow since I was up for a few hours in the middle of the night. I got to the Cuerpo Vivo class a few minutes late. I called Oliver on my way there to tell him I would be a little late. He said it was no problem and that I was truly Hispana now (late). ha Class was great and I could tell that my comprehension of Spanish is getting a little better all the time. Gracias a Dios!

I did have to miss a meeting that was at the same time as my class. RE Clark, the Director of Missions for the NWA Baptist Association spoke to the Women On Mission ladies this morning about what all opportunities are happening in, around and through the churches in our area. I heard good things about the talk...including how well the Hispanic churches in our Association work so well together and are growing strong.

After our class this morning, Erika prepared our lunch that she had brought from home. It was sooooo good! I told her that she is my queen. She is so sweet and giving, and an excellent cook!

This evening we had another small earthquake in the area. We had one about a month ago. I heard the boom from the first one, but didn't notice this one. Deanna was in the living room and heard and felt it. We have decided that the quake is the reason that Jet was acting a little bit goofy right before it happened.

The last 2 days have been very productive for me regarding the projects I'm working on. I'm trying to get everything for the summer planned and in place before leave for Nicaragua in July. Lots of things are going on and it's fun to be a part of it all. I just need to rely on God to give me focus and direction and energy to get it all done as He wants!

Tonight was the funeral for another person who died as a result of the bus accident a few week ago involving the Hispanic ministry. A lot of prayers are being lifted for the families involved.

Tomorrow afternoon I get to babysit Oliver and Erika's kids. Jet will be so glad to play with them. I know they want to come over to play with him, too. When both he and Alejandra are standing up, they see eye-to-eye. It's funny to watch them. I'm glad the weather is supposed to be nice so we all (including Jet) can play outside.

Time for bed and some sweet dreams about all that God allows me to be a part of. I'm so thankful to have the life He gives me. I pray that I was a blessing to someone today. God is so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment