Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's Wednesday night and I'm tucked in at home nursing the last (hopefully) of my cold. I'm so glad to be able to work from home. I haven't had to miss a beat on work, although I did miss doing childcare or Cuerpo Vivo on Monday night and the Cuerpo Vivo class on Tuesday. I really miss being with them.

After my last post on Saturday, I received word that there was a bad accident for some of the people who were returning from the Hispanic conference in Little Rock. One lady was killed and many were injured, some very seriously. No one from Cuerpo Vivo was hurt. Our vans stopped to help get the people out of the flipped bus. It was very serious and emotional for all. Jaime and most of the Cuerpo Vivo congregation got back home around 11pm and Oliver and a few others stayed with families at the hospitals and returned about 3am. Oliver brought home with him some kids whose parents stayed at the hospital. Sunday morning was very different for us. The family conference was wonderful and the attendees left Little Rock refreshed in God's love and plan for their families. Through the events of the wreck and aftermath, there was a renewed commitment to family and loved ones. A lot of sharing and tears and hugs and praising God. It was very emotional for me as I learned more of the details of the night before. I thought about how much I love the people of Cuerpo Vivo and especially Jaime's and Oliver's families. We joke a lot about me becoming 'brown' and loving the Hispanic culture. This weekend I realized just how much I do consider them my 'family'. And I'm thankful to our Lord for a love that strong.

This week we are planning an event called Día del Niño to celebrate children. It's supposed to happen outside on Saturday, but the weather may not cooperate. We'll see how it goes. I think it might be too wet.

I got the word that details have been worked out for me to stay in Nicaragua for 6 weeks this summer! woohoo! I bought my tickets this week. I'm so excited!! Now I have to save all my pennies to cover the trip expenses. God will provide ways for me to do that and it will be great working it out. I'm looking for house-sitting, pet-sitting, kid-sitting and granny-sitting jobs for the next few months. They will be adventures in themselves and a wonderful way to make some money for the trip.

I find myself yearning to be in nyc visiting some of the people I knew at the soup kitchens and shelters. I miss seeing Kenneth, the Lincoln Center guard who I walked by daily, and John & Paulina at Turtleshell Theatre, my favorite juice bar, my favorite healthfood restaurant, riding the subway, walking the streets, hearing all of the noise, spending time in Central Park, and yes, even being around the tourists. Good memories.

Time for bed and sweet dreams.
God is so good to give me many experiences and relationships and feelings. I'm thankful for the life He is allowing me to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment