Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's Saturday night and I'm about ready to go to bed. It's been a great week. Lots to do and lots done.

Last Sunday was wonderful. We had lots of visitors at Cuerpo Vivo and then had a fantastic meal after service. One of our members is a chef a Abuelos restaurant and man, can he cook!!! It was a very festive day of celebrating our Lord and His resurrection with loved ones from church. By the time we got all cleaned up and chairs/tables put away, it was 4pm. I was ready for a good rest.

This week has been busy with plans for projects for Cuerpo Vivo, doing some preliminary work on the Youth Missions week, visiting the Medical Clinic and Food Pantry, going to class, speaking to some of the AWANA kids and meeting with the Nic team. I got the chance to take care of some personal errands and make some appointments for checkups and such.

I've enjoyed getting to walk outside in this beautiful weather. I have a 2 mile route and a 3 mile route near the house. It's so nice to be outside. Jet went with me on a walk on Friday, but we had to stop at every mailbox and, since it was trash pick up day, every transhcan, too!

I got the oil changed in the car and a quick wash for it. I think I noticed a little smile on it's grill.

Today we had a bridal shower for Deanna's granddaughter, Britnee. It was nice. Jet even dressed up in a snazzy bandana.

I worked on my taxes and was pleased to find that I owe less than $2000 this year. I'll give 'Cesar what is due Cesar', but he'll get it in payments! :)

Last Wednesday, I got to talk to some of the AWANA kids. These guys have adopted me as their missionary this year. I keep them up to date on what is going on with the Mission Rogers local missions stuff. I also shared with them about being in Nicaragua over Spring Break. They are going to pray for, and ask about being involved with the Back Yard Bible Clubs and Block Parties in the community this summer.

The team that went to Nicaragua over Spring Break have taken on a project of raising money for equipment to help with a community well for a village we visited. It's going to be fun to see the money come in, dimes and quarters and dollars at a time. What an impact it will make on the families in this village!

I'm waiting on some information so that I can plan my next trip to Nic. It will probably be mid-July through most of August. I can't wait! I'm going to enjoy working there with Voice of Hope teams and the missionary family (the Speigle's) in lots of work going on down there. I've already got stuff separated to pack.

Tomorrow will be nice. First, worship services in the morning and then a joint service in the evening with FBC Rogers and Cuerpo Vivo. There will be music in English and Spanish and some baptisms. I'm going to try to fit in a nap and a walk around the neighborhood in the sweet sunshine.

For now I'll head to bed. I'm praying for those who went to churches last week just because it was Easter. I pray that they will be nudged by the Holy Spirit to make a repeat appearance tomorrow, too. I'm looking forward to celebrating my Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment