Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Another week has passed. They are the same, but different. I like structure, but also variety. Sometimes, I can't believe how quickly the weeks and months fly by. I love having the time packed with lots of productivity, rest and time with my Lord.

Monday night with the Cuerpo Vivo kids was fun. The weather was a little chilly, so we stayed indoors. We had a total of 15 kids this week. I think everyone had a good time. I definitely had to vacuum afterwards since we had goldfish crackers for snack! But, I need all the exercise I can get, so I didn't mind.

Tuesday's Cuerpo Vivo Bible class was really good. We had a couple of guys from the Monday class switch to the Tuesday am class since they have to take their kids to soccer practice on Monday nights. This made a total of 5 in the Tuesday class (they run about 25 on Monday nights) and we had a great time of discussion. It took me 3 hours on Monday night (after childcare was over) to translate the pages for Tuesday's class into English so that I could understand the subject matter. It is always a good study time in Spanish for me. I can't wait for the day when I can understand most of the Spanish that I hear and read in the course of my week. It's getting better and I'm not giving up.

Speaking of Spanish lessons, I'm pushing hard through the text book that Oliver used in our classes in the fall/winter. I want to get through the book and also the lessons I found on-line before I leave for Nicaragua again in July. I pray daily for a clear mind, understanding, retention and perserverence. I already have the love for the language and culture in my heart, so that keeps me going.

I finished reading the New Testament a while ago, so I'm slowly making my way through the Old Testament. When I finish that (whenever that will be...) maybe I'll tackle it all over again in Spanish. (check back in a year or so to see if I made it! ha)

My allergies are acting up these last few days. Watery eyes, runny nose and scratchy throat. I'm doing a lot of orange & carrot juice, green tea and vitamin C with zinc. Oh yeah, and a nap! The rain this weekend should help to clean up the air outside, so look forward to feeling (and breathing) better in no time. Last Wednesday morning I took a 3 1/2 mile walk through some woodsy area and I think the pollen got to me. I look forward to getting back outside after the rain is gone. I love being outside. I liked that part of living in nyc as well as being in Nic. I love God's world.

I was blessed again this week with another love offering that I can put toward my plane tickets for Nic. I'm so thankful to God for providing the way for me, and for the wonderful friends who follow His call to help me participate in the ministry in Nic. Thank you soooo much!!

I met with Brian Sander (the new Youth Pastor at FBCR) again this week concerning the Youth Mission Rogers Week this summer. Things are coming together to make this year a great week of service, growth and evangelism. I'm excited to be able to help with it.

On May 1, Cuerpo Vivo will hold an event called 'Day of the Child'. It's been fun working on the plans with Erika Martinez. This will be a fun day for the voluteers from Cuerpo Vivo and also the families who come to participate. We hope to reach a lot of prospects for the church. I pray it will be a mild, sunny day... It will be fun!

This weekend, many of the members of Cuerpo Vivo are attending a conference in Little Rock. Our Praise Team is leading worship. I can't wait to hear from everyone on Sunday about how they were touched by the Holy Spirit at the conference.

This is also the weekend for the Ladies Retreat for FBCR. Lots of ladies travelled to Tulsa for the night. I'm sure they had a great time of worship, fellowship and fun.

Time for a 'medicinal' nap. If that doesn't make me feel better, perhaps I'll pull out the 'big guns' - CHOCOLATE!

God is so good in ALL His plans. I'm thankful to be a part. Pray that I will pay attention to follow only HIS will. To Him be all glory and praise.

1 comment:

  1. did you have to pull out the chocolate?
    You need my "dribble juice" saline solution! :-)
    When is the youth mission week?

    ReplyDelete