Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday evening and it's time to sit back and relax. I'm going to do some catching up in this blog, check out a few people on facebook and then study some Spanish on-line.

Deanna and I had a very yummy dinner of Super Salad (mixed greens, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, celery, mushrooms, 4 colors of bell peppers, tomato, avocado, croutons and grilled chicken)and some 'healthy' cookies for dessert (oatmeal with almonds, dates, cranberries, sunflower seeds, flax seeds). We love to eat around here!!! Poor Jet was so jealous.

I grabbed a wonderful nap this rainy afternoon. We sure needed it to wash the pollen out of the air. I think we could have used a little harder shower, but I'm thankful for what God has sent.

On Monday, I was given the gift of extra time (since the Staff meeting was cancelled)so I took advantage of it and ran to Springdale to get the first of my Hepatitis B shots. It was a beautiful, sunny day. That evening was Cuerpo Vivo class and I had fun playing with the kids out on the playground. It was handy to have out snack out there, too, so the was very little cleanup! I love it that the sun stays out longer.

Our Tuesday Cuerpo Vivo class met on Thursday this week, so it gave me a few more days to translate the workbook into English so that I can keep up in class. It's been good for me, not just in Bible Study, but in Spanish practice, too. I need all the help I can get!!!

I'm getting a lot of response back from the emails I sent out to the agencies/ministries in Rogers for setting up work projects for the Youth during Mission week in June. I think it will be a good week of service. I'm enjoying the planning.

I'm praying about the dates of my trip back to Nicaragua and also the finances. I was very blessed to be able to apply Christmas money toward the trip in March. Now, I'm scrimping and saving for the summer trip. It should cost at least $1,500. I know that God will make it possible to go, and He's already blessed me with love offerings from a couple of special people who 'just felt that they were supposed to give me some money'. awesome

I've been collecting stuff to take back to Nic. I can't wait to get back there to work with Voice of Hope.

I'm thankful that I can work with the local missions here at FBC Rogers, the Hispanic ministry of Cuerpo Vivo and also spend some time in Nic with Voice of Hope. My heart is spread over all three areas. I know that God will work out how much time I'm supposed to spend in each area. Pray that I will have discernment and listen to His guidance when making plans.

I was super blessed this week to have lunch with my friend Megan, who served as an M in North Africa for 2 years. We had a good lunch of salad and dessert. :) We talked for a long time about serving 'in the field' and how the adjustment has been for each of us to be back in the Bible Belt in Arkansas. I wish I could have visited her and served beside her in NA, but I had to settle for sending my prayers instead. I know that God used her life to reach many there and that she is very thankful for the experience to follow His call.

Time to retire the blog for the day and get to studying. Maybe a cookie will help my concentration. I'm glad that God makes healthy stuff taste good, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment