Sunday, March 9, 2014

February 17-22, 2014

Wow!  What a week!
On Monday morning, Sofia arrived for her first day of work.  She’ll be my part-time housekeeper, but since I hadn’t moved into the house yet, we went to have breakfast at the corner comedor.  My friend, Sandy, joined us for some work.

We spent most of Monday morning helping gather Jason’s stuff to take over to the new Guest house.  We also measured all of the rooms and windows, etc.  After lunch, we finally got the chance to start moving my stuff into the house.  We were all tired and HOT before we even started on my stuff.  Tamara’s boys where awesome and worked so hard.  I paid them ‘American’ wages, which made them smile really big and I think they forgave me for causing them to work such a long day. 

Jacqueline and Cristhian came over for some Bible discussion in English in place of our Monday night class.  I was soooo tired and sooooo dirty!  We spent about an hour together and then they left and I took a much needed shower and made my bed and fell into it!  I slept very well!

Tuesday morning Sofia arrived at the new house ready for work.  Estefanie came for a visit, too.  Sofia and I cleaned and unpacked and organized and worked our tails off.  We had lunch at a little comedor down the street.  I ended up eating there 3 times in one week!  Anyway, we worked a long time on the kitchen and it is looking pretty good, even though it is going to get a bit of a remodel in March.  For now, it is very functional.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were spent doing more cleaning, unpacking and organizing.  We have been very tired and dirty, but have been having a ball.  Sofia is a cleaning machine and it’s hard to get her to stop!  She was even washing down tables and chairs in the back garden at night!  She loves cleaning, so I’m glad to be able to make her happy by providing lots of work!  Lol

We did sneak a couple of naps during the week.  They were much needed and very appreciated. 

God provided a way for Sofia to actually live here at Living Grace House.  She’ll still work as my part-time housekeeper, but she will also share this house as her own.  She loves gardening, also, so I can’t wait to see how she transforms the little garden spaces throughout the house.  She likes to cook, too.  We will have fun teaching each other our recipes.  We have been doing well communicating, even though she does not speak English (yet).  My Spanish is getting a workout!  It is very good for me!  Sofia is wanting to learn English and is taking classes from our friend James.  She and I will practice, too. 

Saturday, Sofia and James both had classes.  Sofia was concerned that I would be home by myself.  I told her that I would be fine.  J   I received a message from Jason that the circus people (who had rented rooms from him) were coming soon to pick up their equipment that was stored in my bodega (shed).  I waited around for them.  Freddy came by for a visit and we headed down town after the people got their stuff.  I ran to the bank, had lunch at the Chinese restaurant and then went by the mattress store.  But things close early on Saturdays, so the mattress store was closed.  I then ran over to La Unión and picked up some groceries. 

I got home at the same time as Sofia.  We grabbed a taxi and headed off to Maxi Palí for some more groceries and some household items.  I got a tabletop ironing board, a blender, pillow and sheets.  You never know what you will find at Maxi Palí.  We picked out some chicken and ground beef for Sofia to cook this week.  It’s nice to have a cook!  She loves doing it and I love to eat!  Lol  After a quick nap for both of us, we had a relaxing evening at home.

Laura, a friend that I met while we were renting rooms at the Guest house next door, came over for a tour of the house and a nice visit.  She is heading out for exploring Granada and other places for a few days until her room at the new Guest house is ready.  It was good to talk with her.   She’s been taking Spanish classes and I think she is enjoying them now.  It was nice to have a relaxing conversation in my new place.

Looking back over the partial week, we got a lot done in a short period of time.  God has blessed us very much.  I feel so at peace and in His will.  I’m thankful for this time in my life and all that He is doing and letting me be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment