Sunday, March 9, 2014

February 23-24, 2014

Sunday was a beautiful day.  Unfortunately, Tamara was still sick, so I drove her van and took the boys, Jalisa and Sofia to church.  The music was wonderful as always.  Sofia enjoyed the service.  I think she has found a new church home with us.

Sofia fixed a yummy lunch and I was tempted to have a nice nap.  But I ended up with a quick visit from Daniel (from the Guest house next door), who brought some stuff over for me to keep at my house and he also borrowed my guitar.  He has been in Nica for almost a month and has pretty much seen all he wants to and is starting to get a little bored.  It’s very hot in the afternoons and he goes to the pool at one of the universities.  He’ll have fun playing the guitar when he’s bored at the house.

Tamara’s crew went out to the mission community in the afternoon, as usual on Sundays.  Unfortunately, their van broke down and it was very late in the day when they got the van towed back to town.  There is always something happening here to challenge life in general, and ministry in particular.  Thankfully, the problem was an easy fix.  Praising God through it all!

Monday I worked a little bit in my office, which is okay in the morning, but scorching hot in the afternoon.  Then I ran some errands to the bank ATM and then to buy the mattress for Sofia’s bed.  The store was open and the ladies remembered me.  I got a good deal on the mattress and then called my friend Jorge to come and get me in his taxi.  Sofia was surprised to see the mattress today.  We thought we would have to order and wait for it.  Then I scurried over to the local market stores and found a crock pot (yay – couldn’t find it in the other 5 stores I had looked in).  One of the girls even helped me carry it home, since I had a couple of packages to carry.  I found 2 of the storage boxes (for craft supplies) that I had been looking for.  Score!  It was great to find what I’ve been looking all over for.  You never know…

At one of the stores, I got to talk with one of the ladies.  She is from the Philippines and married to an Arab.  They have a really cute daughter.  Their house is full of languages!  I’ll check out her store often to see what they have.

Sofia had lunch just about ready and asked me to go to the house a few doors down and get some fresh tortillas.  Three ladies were in the back patting out the tortillas and cooking them on pieces of metal over open fires.  They were steaming hot and delicious.  I think I’ll have to go there often!

Sofia went to visit a friend and I was trying to decide between taking a nap, getting on the computer and visiting Tamara.  I opted to visit Tamara for a few minutes and that turned into a nice walk through the market with her and Patsy.  When we got back, Tamara finally came over for a visit and quick tour of the house.  She hadn’t had the chance to come by after I got moved in.  She was very pleased with the changes that I have made so far.  I shared my plans for paint and working on the kitchen and sewing workroom.  I can’t wait to get the work done!  It will be so pretty.  Tamara’s extra beds are in my extra bedrooms.  We are squabbling over who is going to buy the foam mattresses.  We will both take advantage of having beds available for very small groups of visitors.  I’m glad that the house will be able to bless in many ways.

I made a quick trip over to the pulperia (little store in front of someone’s house) and got drinks and cookies for the English Bible Study Group.  I love being able to help out the businesses in the neighborhood.


Tonight was the first official class for English Bible Study Group.  We had 10 people in attendance and a few who messaged me that they couldn’t be here tonight, but would be here next week.  I think we will have a nice group.  I’m always excited to hear what God reveals to the group through each person.  And I’m so happy that Living Grace House is officially doing God’s plan of Discipleship.  I can’t wait to see what else God puts in our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment