Sunday, February 16, 2014

February 12-16, 2014

The week has been made up of pretty much the usual… Bible study, reading, study, meetings, price checking items for the Living Grace House, running errands, and a nap here and there, when I can fit one in! 

One evening, Sherry, Laura and I made dinner with what we had in the collective kitchen.  We allowed Daniel to dine with us, too.  We had tilapia, garlic/cheese mashed potatoes, spinach and asparagus.  Pretty tasty!  Sherry was here at the Guest house until Sunday morning.  She was fun to be around and was really hating the heat, since she’s from Nova Scotia.  But she had a great time here in Nica.  She went out to El Paraiso with Tamara for 2 days of mission work.  I think God really opened her eyes to the needs here.  She’s back home in Canada soon. 

Jason and Issa had baby Ilia on Valentine’s Day.  What a sweet blessing!  I haven’t went over to see her yet, since there is a lot of family here in Nica.  I can’t wait to hold her, though.  They are a very sweet family.

I got a much needed haircut (after 4 weeks).  I can’t stand to have my hair touch my ears.  And I sweat so much here, that I like to keep my hair very short.

I bought a foam mattress, kitchen trash can and 2 large fans for Living Grace House.  I have a list of other things to get, but thought I would wait until I move.  That’s tomorrow!  Woohoo!

I had the pleasure of running around with Estefanie and Sofia this week.  Freddy and Jaasiel also visited on a couple of days.  I ran into Carmen and Luis at the grocery store.  Jalisa and I visited at Tamara’s house, and Sandra and Preston come over for a quick visit one day.  It’s been fun to see everyone.  I can’t wait to get into Living Grace House and to invite people over.  It will be more convenient since I will be living by myself and not sharing a house with 5 other people.  I won’t feel like I’m imposing on them when I have company.

James Isreal will continue to live in my house for a couple more weeks, until his room is ready at Jason’s new (big) Guest House.  I don’t mind it at all and it will be a nice security feature for my first few weeks.  He’s a sweet guy and a hard worker.  I’ll have him continue to take care of the plants and to take out the trash for me.  He works for Jason fixing up the new Guest House, helps teach at the mission at El Paraiso and goes to school on Saturdays.  He’s a busy guy and always has a smile.  He’s just 19 and learning the ropes for working and all those adult kinds of things.

A guy named Tayron came over last week.  He came back today to chat with me.  He has the chance to attend a conference/school in Honduras for a few weeks.  I gave him a little money to help get there.  He is going to do some work for me in the future to pay it back.  It wasn’t much, but he insists on helping me with the ministry. 

Sofia is going to be my part-time housekeeper.  The houses here are not sealed and they have openings in the roofs for all the little gardens inside the houses.  You even park your vehicle inside the house (if you have one).  Anyway, the floors need to be swept and mopped at least once a day.  Sofia loves to clean, so she’ll help with the floors, bathrooms and do some laundry for me.  She goes to school on Saturdays and this will give her some spending money, too.  She wants to learn English, and I need to practice my Spanish, so we will be helping each other out on our language learning, too.

Church today was great.  I love the worship music and the messages.  It all reminds me so much of the Spanish church in Rogers (Cuerpo Vivo).  I’ve started a 8 week Bible study via Skype with some ladies in TX and NV.  We have technical difficulties each week, but we make it work.  It’s very intense and personal and there is a lot of crying for each other.  It will be very healing and God will bless us very much.  He is the great Healer.

My Mom had some blood pressure issues this week and was in the hospital for tests for a day or two.  Her heart is fine and they are adjusting her blood pressure meds.  Hopefully, this will take care of the problems.  I haven’t been able to get a call through to her yesterday or today.  I’ll try again tomorrow.

I can’t believe that I will be sleeping in my house tomorrow night!  I’ve been really comfy here at the Guest house.  My house is right next door.  My friends are neighbors on both sides (with the landlord in the midst of us).  So it doesn’t seem too different!   It will be so fun to fix the place up.  I’m ready for the hard work.  I can’t wait to see how peaceful and welcoming it will be!


Well, time for bed.  Lots to do tomorrow!  God is so Good!  I’m so thankful to be His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment