Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 6-11, 2014

Thursday, Friday and Saturday were more of the usual.
Breakfast either here at the guest house (oatmeal or scrambled eggs) or at the corner comedor (gallo pinto and scrambled eggs).

A little shopping for produce and some price research at the market, lots of computer work, naps when I can get them, eating out once a day, talking with friends, planning for the ministry and just enjoying life!

On Thursday night, I was invited along with another house guest to have dinner at Jason and Issa’s house. We had fresh sea bass just caught that day. It was so delicious!

My friends Tamara and Sandra took Tamara’s boys and headed to Costa Rica for a visa run. They spent 3 nights there and had fun. It’s a long bus ride, but it’s so much cheaper than flying back to the US.

One of the ladies at the Guest house, Maureen, left for Granada. She will be missed. I stood with her on the street waiting for the microbus and we had fun chatting. She is keeping in touch via facebook and email. She may come back through León later in the next month before heading back to the states.

On Thursday, I ordered the 6” #5 firm foam mattress for the queen bed I’m borrowing from Tamara. She has the frame and box springs. She was needing to put the bed in my house, so I will get to use it for myself. I was used to sleeping on a twin bed for years, but I have to admit, I’m spoiled to the queen bed here at the Guest house. I’ll use my twin bed as a daybed in my 2 room private suite at my new house. Works out perfect!

I’ve spent a ton of time on the computer working on the introduction and planning documents for Living Grace Ministry. Laura, another person here at the Guest house, has helped me so much with this. It’s her expertise to analyze programs, procedures and policies for businesses and organizations. She volunteered her time to help me. What a gift from God! I was finally ready to start sending the info out!!

I had eaten some street food on Saturday night and my tummy was not happy come Sunday morning. I had to miss church. I hated that. I love my new church and I kept thinking about them singing praises and I missed it terribly.

I had been working on a personal Bible study during the week. Sunday afternoon I got to join some other ladies via Skype to do week one of the study. What a blessing! I’m looking forward to doing this study. I know it will knock my socks off!

I had to give in and start taking cipro for my stomach. I guess the street food won this round. I made some phone calls, sent some emails, paid some bills on line and mostly slept all day Monday. I did venture out to a pulperia across the street for a big bottle of Fresca. Can’t wait to feel better!

Tuesday morning started out with breakfast from the corner comedor (gallo pinto and scrambled eggs). That was okay on my stomach. Mid-morning, Jason took us all on a tour of the Big House that he is remodeling for a huge Guest house. There is so much work to be done, but it will be awesome when finished! He’s really good at this!

Today, there was a ‘random’ visit from a guy looking for work as a handyman, gardener, pest control, roofer, etc. I happened to open the door at the Guest house and we started talking. I invited him in to get his contact number. Before we really talked much about his skills and such, he started talking about his relationship with the Lord. Keep in mind that this 20 minute discussion took place all in Spanish and I held my own! We had a wonderful time talking about God and our walk with Him. I asked why he stopped at this house. He said that he felt that God was telling Him to. I also think that maybe the store owner across the street might have shared what I told him about using the house for a ministry. Anyway, I look forward to more conversations with Taylon, whether I hire him or not.

In the last 2 days, I’ve sent out 40 personal emails with information about the new ministry. I have about 20-30 more personal emails to send out about it and then I can switch to some group emails. I’m excited to share the info. God is putting things into place and I love watching it. He is faithful!

My tummy is still not happy, but it’s getting better. I’m trying to behave myself. Before you know it, I’ll be back out there on the street eating the good stuff again!

On the 14th, I will be back here for one month. It feels like I’ve been back ‘home’ for months. It’s just natural to live her and I’m loving these new experiences. God is so good to me! I want to glorify Him in everything!! He is worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment