Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February 1-5, 2014

Saturday started the month of February. I’ve been saying February 16th… after February 16th… when I move Feburary 16th… classes will start after February 16th… so many times! Now I can just say ‘the 16th’. That may not seem like a big deal, but to me, it means that I’m getting closer to the next steps in the ministry getting on track.

I spent a lot of time on Saturday doing computer work, bookkeeping stuff (blah), communication, etc. I also got the chance to visit with Jason’s mother, Maritza (another NA missionary who comes and goes between here and the states). I met a couple of guys from the Guest house next door. Justin is from England (love the accent) and they are here working with an organization teaching ‘circus skills’. Interesting…

It’s been fun meeting the different people renting rooms in Jason’s Guest houses. I love to hear their stories about their lives and their travels. It reminds me a lot of meeting people in NYC. I loved those times and I’m loving this, too. It’s really exciting to hear what God is doing through other ministries and organizations. I love being connected to others as we are all doing Kingdom work in the ways that God has purposed for us.

I called Deanna for my weekly Saturday check in. She said that the weather was turning bad in NWArkansas yet again. Poor Jet (the dog) may never get to take his cherished afternoon walks if winter doesn’t straighten up!

I rode to church with Tamara’s family and we stopped at a favorite gas station snack bar for lunch. Jalisa’s family, visiting from the states, treated us to a Superbowl party at Tamara’s house. They cooked all afternoon. We had some of the usual Superbowl food and some special recipes from PA and from Columbia! Yum! The game was boring after Seattle got so far ahead, but we had fun talking and eating! It was a great day!

On Monday, we found out that another missionary couple had their baby girl. I believe she was born at 5something am and went home that night. Anyway, she is well and the family is happy. So many baby girls!!! Awesome!

We have a new renter at the Guest house (there are 6 bedrooms in total). His name is Daniel and he is from Amsterdam. I like his accent, too.

I spent a lot of time on the computer and then went with Tamara to walk around and buy supplies. We stopped at our favorite bakery, but only got drinks. (how’s that for self-control) I finished reading the book “Grace Walk” and typed up some of the highlighted parts. I will use this book in my daily life and I also want to use it in a future English Bible Study. Good stuff!

The EBSG newbies came over and we had a nice time together. I had given them a list of the books of the Bible in English/Spanish. I could tell that they had been practicing! They all read them with almost perfect pronunciation. I felt ashamed that I could not do that in Spanish. I need to get busy studying!!! This is a really fun group!

Tuesday morning was a big day of computer work and bookkeeping. Carol, a friend from AR, who is here with a team working with VOH, came to visit me for a while. It was so good to spend time with her. We had started a friendship last year after her husband had made a couple of trips to work with VOH. They do not live in the same city as me in AR, but her mother does, and when Carol came to Rogers to visit her mother, we would meet and have lunch together and discuss sewing projects, etc. Carol brought me a kit she had made up for making quilted tote bags. She also brought me a new sewing machine to add to my sewing class/workroom. How blessed am I?!?!?! I enjoyed her visit so much.

I bought my place tickets between AR and Nica for May to Dec. I’ll have to extend my visa a couple of times and leave the country at least once during that time span, but it gives me options. I’ll be flying to the US less times per year now. I will have the chance to continue the Bible study classes year round. I will also have less travel money as I pay housing costs. It’s all good, though. I can’t wait to move into my house. (have I mentioned that before? Lol)

I went out fairly early for Chinese food for dinner and then went to bed really early. I don’t know why I was so tired. It is getting hotter every day (it IS summer/dry season here now) and it will continue to do so until May. The heat really zaps your energy and you sometimes wonder why. But it felt good to get a cold shower and jump in bed by 8pm and read a little bit.

Wednesday has been a good day. I walked downtown and enjoyed the free wi-fi, A/C, bathroom and a mokaccino (that’s how they spell it here) at Casa del Café. The walk was nice and I jump started my brain by being in a different place. I also was treated to a special conversation orchestrated by God. So instead of feeling guilty for the pleasures of the morning, I was actually being obedient, so that I could be where God wanted me. Right??? I loved the conversation about ministry that I got to have this morning.

I started reading a new personal Bible study that I will get to participate with some ladies in TX with over Skype for the next 8 Sundays. How fun!

I’ll be going with Maureen for dinner at a frantanga on the streets by central park. Yum! Then it will probably be early to bed for me again.

I sure do love my life and all that God allows me to experience. I am His and I’m so thankful that He claims me as His own!

No comments:

Post a Comment