Monday, July 29, 2013

July 13-20, 2013 Charleston AR team

The day started with prayer with the interns and some work on the team house. I got the chance to get some computer work done. I love it when it’s quiet! I even got a morning nap in!

The girls and I ran around town for a little bit. I took them to Pan y Paz French Bakery. They fell in love! We stopped in at La Unión and then got back to the team house to welcome the team later in the day.

My sweet friend Estefanie came over with her cousin form Costa Rica. José is one of my favorite people, even though I have only gotten to spend a few days with him. I was so happy to get to see him again!

Sunday was a day of worship and work. I also got to spend time talking with some friends and emailing a lot. What would we do without technology??!!

The team of 25 had a busy week of 10 worship services, 8 fiestas/street evangelism, 4 days of VBS, 2 feeding center visits, 5 days of construction and 358 salvations!! It was hot and tiring, but the team was great and enjoyed it very much!

I did my usual thing of helping Johana with feeding center stuff, doing the feeding center tracking on the computer, working on plans for the October teams (who are focusing on Women’s Ministry), eating out when I got the chance, doing laundry and just having a blast being here.

I’m still doing the Believing God Bible Study and am almost to the end. It has been so wonderful. The timing of when I could actually spend time on it was perfect for what I was going through on any given day. God is so faithful!

I bought my plane tickets for my return to Nica on Aug 29 and departure to the US on Dec 3. That’s a big chunk of change, but it’s better now that I fly less often and stay here longer.

One exciting thing that happened during the week was a frog jumped into my room! I’m so glad that a team member saw it happen and got that stinker out! I would have had a heart attack (literally) if I would have found it on my own. Oh my!!! I hate those things!

One of our workers (and new Pastor) Saturnino has a daughter who is very, very sick. She has had a problem with bleeding from a hemangioma since she was 4 years old. She is now 12. She was in the hospital again and the doctors say they can’t do anything more for her. She has had surgeries in the past. The hospital ran out of blood for her. German’s wife, Johana went to the hospital to give blood. We all have been praying for a miracle for her. Saturnino’s wife is pregnant now and I worry about her being so stressed over Ivania’s sickness. We really want to keep that family in our prayers. Saturnino said she is doing a little better and the doctors let her go home for now. Praying for a miracle!

Saturday was a day of flipping the rooms for the next team and resting a bit. I did get the chance to take the interns out for dinner. We are exploring different restaurants. I want them to have a blast while they are here and to see all of León that they can.

I finally got the time to call Deanna and check in with her. She is ready for me to get back ‘home’ to her house. I have to say that I have missed her very much! I can’t wait to get back to that sanctuary of love that she provides for me. It will be a quick visit of only 3 weeks, but it will be wonderful!

God is so good to take care of me. He has shown me so many things these past 2 months. Some have been very hard to endure, but He is faithful and has been right beside me (and before me and behind me and supporting me…) all along. I love Him so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment