Wednesday, July 10, 2013

May 17-22, 2013

Back in Rogers to prepare for my return to Nica.
Lots of errands, more medical appointments, more shopping and more dinner dates. I start feeling a little bit ill and have to cool it for a day or so, but I get pretty much everything done that I had planned.

I did get to spend some time having lunch with the wife of one of the team members from the Crosslife construction team in January. Carol met me at Las Palmas and we had a yummy lunch and she gave me a sweet bag that she had sewn as an example for our sewing ministry.

I also got to meet with the July Interns who are coming from FBC Rogers. The kids have all be to Nica at least once and know the drill. Part of the Moms have been there, so it was an easy meeting. It will be so fun to have them serving in Nica this summer!

I finished reading the book that I want to use for devotions with the Interns this summer. It’s easy reading since we won’t have a lot of time for study. It will be a good conversation starter for us all.

I had some meetings and some dinner dates with people and finished up my duties for the states. I packed and repacked and repacked again! I try so hard to get every allowable ounce in the suitcases! It stresses me out! That’s what comes from worrying about ‘stuff’. But it’s okay… it’s ministry stuff I’m trying to get down there.

On Wednesday (22nd) I ran the last of the errands and treated myself to a Route 66 Rootbeer at Sonic. I didn’t realize that it was happy hour, and I was pleasantly surprised to only have to pay a pittance for that huge drink!

Now, all set for Nica! I feel exhausted, both physically and emotionally/spiritually, and I know it will be a crazy 2 ½ months back in Nica with the teams. I was glad to get to do all of the things that God allowed while in the states for 3 weeks. What a whirlwind! Maybe I will be able to relax in August! ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment