Sunday, July 14, 2013

June 15-21, 2013 Three churches

Crusade in Telica

This week was special in the that we had 3 different churches represented, 2 for the first time here. Central Baptist Church of Jonesboro AR, Victory Way Baptist of VA and Shenandoah Heights Baptist Church of VA. There were 42 total team members, plus the 7 interns.

There were 5 church services, 16 fiestas/street evangelism events, 8 school visits, 3 conferences, 5 feeding center visits, 3 crusade services, 7 radio/tv broadcasts and 4 days of construction! There was a total of 1,526 salvations for the week!

We had people coming and going everywhere! It was very exciting!

I got the blessing of going with the women to the Women’s Conference one morning. It was fun to get to bond a little bit with some of the ladies on the team. Also, the host church was very welcoming. We had a raffle and gave away some nice body lotions and stuff. Then the grand prize was a bicycle! The lady who won it was soooo happy! For here in Nica, that’s like winning a car!

There was a little bit of sickness for a couple of people and I stayed back at the team house instead of going to the crusade a couple of nights to watch over them. I even got the blessing of cleaning up one person’s dinner after he made it ‘to’ the bathroom, but not to the commode! A missionary has to be ready for everything!

I helped Lesly with grocery buying and other errands as needed. After the team would leave for ministry, I would help clean up after them and fill the freezer with water bottles, fill the coke box, etc. Also, with everyone gone, I could get good internet signal, so I got a lot of work done on the computer.

I got the chance to run and get a quick haircut one afternoon. I got a little yucky stomach myself for a few days, but a few doses of Cipro knocks that right out!

It was fun to have this team here. It seems like the weeks go by soooo fast. But it’s a blessing every week for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment