Wednesday, July 10, 2013

May 23-31, 2013

Travel Day! I got up and had my suitcases ready for my pick up. Deanna and Jet kept me company while waiting for Cathy to come and get me. Michael and Vickie Brown were coming to get their car back and I was thrilled when they pulled up before Cathy and I left. I got to hug their necks and see them for a short time.

Cathy and I had breakfast at Mimi’s Café and it was delicious! We talked more about the upcoming Women’s team that will be ministering to women in Nica in October. I’m excited to see who all God is planning for this trip!

My flights were uneventful. While waiting at the airport, I got the chance to update blog posts. I had a wonderful lunch at TGI Fridays at the ATL airport. I grabbed a chai tea latte, too. A special treat for me!

On the flight between NWA and ATL, there was a boy of about 8 years old traveling to visit his dad for the summer. He was traveling alone (with the supervision of the flight attendants). He was placed next to me and we had a nice little conversation. He was so polite and sweet. He looked over the card with the safety information on it and listened intently to the instructions that were demonstrated. He asked me where they keep the parachutes. Ah… they don’t have parachutes on the plane. He asked me how do the passengers get out of the plane in an emergency. Ah… they walk down the steps. ????? I didn’t know what to tell him and thought it best to just make him comfortable and secure. Sorry for the fib Lord… The little guy took a nice nap and we made it to ATL in no time. He thanked me for being so nice and talking to him on the trip. What a nice treat for me to get to sit beside him!

I arrived at the team house just as the team was returning from the last night of the crusade services. It was so good to see the translators and to some of the team members that I knew from previous trips. I was ready to get settled into my room.

Friday was fun day for the team and they went various places for sightseeing and shopping. 2 of the ladies on the team were hairstylists and they stayed at the team house and did hair ALL day long! They were cutting and/or coloring hair constantly! I was blessed to get a much needed trim, myself. I gave out some of the gifts that I had brought to the workers and went to bed by 8pm!

The rest of the days were spent getting settled in and having one last round of classes for the Women’s Bible Study and English Bible Study Group.

We got to help a little with some construction work at Saturnino’s house. Rusty and Lynn Branson arrived from the states and we spent the rest of the week relaxing, doing construction and hanging out.

During this time, the enemy attacked me fiercely through people that I had to be around 24/7. It went on for many days and there was a lot of hurt for me. God showed me that He was by my side through it all, but it was very difficult! My reputation was damaged by lies and there was never a time of accountability for all involved. It reminded me very much of the same type of circumstances around an ugly divorce. But I know WHO I am in Christ and to WHOM I belong. God’s opinion of me is the top of the list and no one else’s matters. But, being human, it does hurt when I’m treated unfairly and justice is not fulfilled. I trust God that He knows my heart and that He will make known to others that my heart is pure. Sometimes the trials we go through are very tough. But, my God is tougher!!!

Mother’s Day in Nica was celebrated on Thursday. I had been invited to speak at a special women’s service on Friday night. I invited Mary and Lynn to join me. We gave our testimonies and enjoyed the service very much. After the service, we had a lovely dinner sitting at the ‘Pastor’s table’. It was a very nice and blessed night.

It had been quite the week, but God was shining brighter in my heart than ever before. He is my anchor and I’m so thankful for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment