Wednesday, July 10, 2013

June 1-8, 2013

The June Interns started arriving, some on Saturday and some on Sunday. It will be a great time of serving with them!

I tried to fit in one last week of Women’s Bible Study and English Bible Study while we don’t have teams. There was sickness among the women, but most of the leaders got to meet. I will miss them greatly while we take a break during our busy team time. We had a small class for the English Bible Study and I cherished every minute of it!

Pastor Marvin, a former colleague, stopped by to ask about using the team house. He also said that he had some women’s underwear that had been donated and wanted to know if I would like to have the remainder of the shipment to give to my women’s ministry ladies. I said of course! However, I don’t know if that will ever appear. It’s a nice offer, though.

I contracted a very bad sinus infection that hit me in just one day! It was quick and strong. I was so thankful that my doctor had sent me to Nica with a Zpak. I started it the 2nd day and the illness still put me in bed for a couple of days. I think it was God’s way of letting me have time totally alone through the difficulties of the week. When I got to the place that I felt better after every nap, I couldn’t wait to go back to sleep so I could wake up feeling better! Lol I’m so thankful for good health! I don’t want to take it for granted.

The girl interns worked on sewing (they are learning) and made some bean bags for toys and also worked on some aprons for the cooks. It was also a time for them to trouble-shoot the sewing machines to find out which ones need attention after the long time of storage.

There was a lot of computer work on the feeding center files (as usual) and some nice conversations with ministry people. I spent a lot of time resting from the sinus infection that kicked my booty. I watched some videos, read, did Bible study and prayed. I got the chance to get some much needed communication done.

There was more construction done on Saturnino’s house and we had a small celebration service to bless the home and the family. It was such a treat!

I’m so thankful for what God shows me every day. Sometimes it is difficult, but it’s all for my benefit to grow me closer to Him. That’s all I care about.

He is my Creator, Provider, Redeemer, Savior and Faithful Friend. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment