Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 16, 2011

Sunday night.

I watched FBCR on TV this morning. I always enjoy hearing Pastor Wes' messages. I missed the music, but I needed to stay home until time for Cuerpo Vivo. I'm thankful to have FBCR as a strong faith base in my life.

I really enjoyed the worship service this morning at Cuerpo Vivo. I feel so much in the presence of the Lord during the music. I finally got to hear Andres sing and play his guitar today. He does a great job of praising the Lord with his gift. Today's service was focused on missions and how Cuerpo Vivo is reaching out to touch the world. (and the service started out with Baptisms!!)

A group from FBC Garfield was in attendance to share about their mission trip to Monterrey MX that included a a family from Cuerpo Vivo. It was wonderful to hear about their on-going ministry to touch people's lives and also to equip and train churches in the Monterrey area to continue discipling the new Christians.

I also shared about my work with Voice of Hope Ministries in Nicaragua. It was the first time I have been in church at Cuerpo Vivo for 2 months and I have really missed all my friends there.

Russ and Jennifer Huffstetler also were recognized for their work in Monterrey in the past (until it got too dangerous to travel there). At the end of the service, Jaime had all of us come to the front to be prayed over. It was very sweet. I love the chance to be gathered with people who openly love God so much.

I'm working on backing up some of the files from my old laptop to a hard drive. I sure hope that I'm doing this right. I'm always afraid that I will accidentally delete something important. My old laptop will be donated to Puente, a networking service that is serving along side Cuerpo Vivo, to reach out to people needing help in finding the resources and processes to make their lives easier, legal and appropriate in this new country. I'm glad that I can give something usable.

I've spent the afternoon doing laundry and packing for my trip to Indiana on Tuesday (early) to visit family for a week. My day tomorrow will be really busy, so I wanted to get everything packed tonight. I think I'm 99% done, so that's pretty good!

Tomorrow I will go to the Olive St church offices to get some things done and meet with Brian Sander about the Youth Spring Break Mission Trip to Nicaragua in March. Then I'll attend Staff meeting (my first in 2 months). Then Nana Ruth will drive me to Springdale to connect with a rep from Samaritan's Feet, a ministry that does foot washing, shares the Gospel and gives shoes to those in need. I'm excited about seeing this ministry in action and to talk to the rep about the possibility of them coming to Nicaragua in the near future. I love seeing how God uses different people in different ways to reach His world.

It's time for bed now. I love the life that God is allowing me to live right now. He gives me my dreams, He gives me gifts to be used for Him, He takes me places to to do His work, He finds a way to use even worthless me to further His Kingdom. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment