Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12, 2011

Wednesday evening.
It's been very cold here. We had a little snow on Monday night, but the temp dropped so much that school was cancelled. Therefore, our Bible Study was cancelled, too. I'll be gone on the next 2 Tuesdays, so I won't get to start the small group discussions until the class is a month old. But that's okay. We're also keeping up via internet. I'm enjoying the reading.

I fixed the roast and veggies on Monday night and it was so yummy. Then I fixed some noodles with some of the roast and broth. Not home made, but not bad. I've enjoyed my soups that I stocked up on.

I've been getting a lot of work done here in my cozy room. I love my new computer and how reliable it is. I have lists and piles of docs all over my huge ottoman. I like this kind of office. :)

My tooth, jaw and ear were killing me today. It brought me to tears. Every time it hits, it's worse and worse. I called Dr Wolfe, but he was going out of town and for various reasons couldn't help me. So I called my former dentist, Dr Jefferies, and he got me right in. He gave me a prescription for vicodin and called for an appointment with Dr Gartman, an endodontist, who will see me tomorrow morning for a probable root canal. I don't usually like taking pain meds for any reason, but I have to say that the vicodin has become my friend today. While I was filling the prescription, I picked up some more Orajel and found a box with at $1 off coupon! yay. I am thankful that Deanna was available to take me to my appointment. She has volunteered to take me tomorrow, too. I'm blessed.

My Christmas present to myself arrived today. A Kindle! I'm so excited. This is going to be wonderful for me, especially when I'm traveling! I'm checking out all the free books I can download. I'll be trying it out in the waiting room at the dentist's office tomorrow and especially at the airports next week when I travel to Indiana to visit family.

My friend Carol, from NYC called this evening. She is battling a tough affliction right now. It's painful and unpredictable. It was good to hear her voice and her faith that God is in control. We talked about the view out of her apartment window. I have a picture of snowflakes falling against an evening skyline from that same window. I pray for healing and comfort for her.

Overnight, our power went out, which means we had no heat. It was about 3:30am when I woke up to go to the bathroom. It was very dark and very cold. I put on 2 pair of socks and climbed back in bed under the covers. I fell back to sleep pretty well and woke up about 8am feeling very cozy. Yesterday and today are supposed to be the coldest days in years here. At least we don't have a lot of precipitation to go with it!

I feel that God is revealing Himself to me in new ways lately. Some are subtle and are like layers of comfy blankets that He covers me with. No matter what the circumstances are, He has things under control and ways to give me what I need, even before I know that I need them. He knows the plans that He has for me and what I will need and what I will need to be in the future. He directs my path. I just need to stay out of His way, let Him work and let Him reveal Himself to me. It takes trust, love, obedience and humility on my part. Instead of wondering what God is going to do in my day, I need to seek what He wants from my day to glorify Him. I want to know Him more intimately and deeply. I want to honor and praise Him. I want to share Him with others. I'm thankful for the desire that He places in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment