Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011

Monday night. Very cold and a little bit snowy. Definitely different than this time last week in Nic.

I got back and promptly caught a cold. Added to the issues of my ear and jaw pain from my tooth and I'm ready to cut my head off. But, Dr. Wolfe (dentist) gave me cipro for possible sinus infection that he thinks is causing my jaw and tooth pain. I'm going to see Dr Bob at the church medical clinic on Thursday to see what to do about my ear. I haven't been able to hear out of that ear for almost 4 months now. Hopefully, we can clear up that problem soon. Other than that, I'm fit as a fiddle!!! And thankful.

I stayed inside yesterday with the exception of going to a team meeting at the church in the evening. Deanna let me borrow her van to go to the meeting. I felt very rough by the time I got home and was ready to get into warm jammies, take some cold meds and climb into bed.

We had a great meeting for the Nic team going over spring break in March. I'm looking forward to working with some people I haven't gotten to know very well yet. This will be wonderful to get to know each other on the field. Stacie and Kearsten are returning vets, who will help show the team the ropes. We're going to be prepared to make an impact as soon as we get there. I like getting to be part of preparing the teams to serve. It creates a great bond.

I rode with Deanna to Walmart this morning to get some groceries. I stocked up on soups that I had coupons for, along with other stuff. They had some roasts marked down and I got one for dinner tonight. It was so yummy! I want to have food stocked up since I'll be home more without a car. I love being able to work from home, so I don't worry about transportation too much. I'm looking forward to cooking more, too.

Our Ladies Ministry at FBCR had great Bible Studies each year. I'm participating in the one that is walking through the Bible chronologically. I got started a week late, so I'm all caught up now and looking forward to the class tomorrow. I won't be able to attend all classes, since I'll be traveling a lot this year, but I can keep up and have people keep me accountable to continue. I had been praying about getting a chronological Bible for this year. How fun that there is a study where I can discuss with others what we're reading.

There are so many projects I need to be jumping on. There's just not enough time in the day. I am a big list maker and I need to update my list so I can prioritize and conquer! Thankfully, everything (well almost) is stuff I will enjoy doing or am excited to research. There is so much I know that God wants me to experience. I'm up for whatever it is. If it's from Him, it's worth it! Of course, that doesn't mean that the experience will be enjoyable, and it might even be hurtful, but if He grows me and He is glorified through it, I'm game!

No comments:

Post a Comment