Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finally catching up on some rest this evening and loving it!

Sunday was really nice. The Nicaragua team joined Cuerpo Vivo for some worship time before our team meeting. Mike and Sherry did a great job of sharing details about the upcoming mission trip. It's a good team and I think everyone is getting excited. I know I am.

Sunday afternoon/evening we had a New Member's Class for Cuepo Vivo. Erika M and I took care of the kids. It was a long 4 1/2 hours, but worth it to have the class for the parents. I was so exhausted from the week before and the long day. The thought of facing a regular 12 hour Monday was daunting. Oliver must have felt the same way. He decided to cancel this week's Spanish class on Monday morning. (some of the other students weren't going to be able to be there either) I went to bed thankful to be able to sleep til 8, but was so tired that it was hard to sleep.

Monday I got to spend 6 precious hours on the computer (since the Staff meeting was cancelled also) and then I headed to the church for 5 more hours of on-site work, including childcare for the Cuerpo Vivo Leadership class. I hauled items to the Missions office for Project Love and took inventory of what we have had donated so far. We only had 10 kids for childcare so it was fairly quiet and easy.

This morning we had a good Leadership class for Cuerpo Vivo. Besides enjoying learning and reviewing discipleship information, I'm learning much more Spanish vocabulary in the process. My poor brain is really getting a workout!!

After the class, we went to Chick-Fil-A for our weekly Cuerpo Vivo staff meeting. I love the salads there. We had a great time of sharing and discussing the future of Cuerpo Vivo. I really love working with this ministry. Jaime and Oliver are concerned that I'm getting spread too thin with everything that is going on with Cuerpo Vivo and also my work with FBCR missions. It's nice to be cared about.

I spent the afternoon at the Janes' house meeting with Becca about Project Love. She is coordinating the food for the meal portion of the event. We'll be shopping and then cooking on Thursday and Friday. It will be fun to work together. I just love her and the family. It's always wonderful to see the kids and to hold sweet Phillip. I see them about once a week, but I can still see such growth and increase in his strength. And I think that Matthew grew a couple of inches since last week!

I got to be home this evening, so I had some soup and a sandwich and then took care of some emails and other computer work. So many things are happening at the same time these last couple of weeks. I keep thinking that once Saturday is over, life will be much slower. But as Deanna says, I always say that and then something else comes along. But it will still be quieter for awhile.

I'm thankful to feel more rested tonight. The remainder of the week will be full, but manageable. There are some good people who are talking leadership roles with Project Love and I like working with each of them. I'm blessed to get to do work that I love. Time for bed and some sweet dreams. And to count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment