Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sipping hot, green tea in a beautiful and comfy condo while house-sitting, dog-sitting and granny-sitting for 4 days. It's such a treat for me. Miss Juanita is so sweet and I enjoy our chats. Ella (the dog) is a really great pooch (no offense to Jet) and I am relaxing.

I'm able to run errands during the day, so I have been keeping the roads hot trying to get things done in between checking on Miss Juanita and walking Ella. I'm just down the street from 'home' so I have been able to run down there and get laundry caught up over the last 2 days. I also got the chance to run to my doc's office for shots needed for the Nicaragua trip and make a trip to Walmart and Lifeway Christian Bookstore.

Deanna is always amazed that I find so many things on clearance right at the time that I need them. Yesterday, I was at Walmart getting more items for the Nicaragua trip and actually found bug spray (with 100% deet, as recommended) on clearance. Now, this can either be good news (cheap) or bad news (old and ineffective). I'm claiming the former.

I have some jeans that were getting too short so Deanna pinned them for me to cut off to wear in Nicaragua. Now I'll have some capris with pockets! I've started getting my clothes ready to pack. I've also started packing an extra suitcase to take some ministry supplies. Sherry loaned me one of hers so that I can leave it down there and only have to pay the extra $30 for one way.

I can't believe we leave next Saturday. I'm so excited. It's going to be a special trip for me. I'm praying about how God wants me to be involved with the Voice of Hope Ministries in Nic. That's who we are working with on this trip. Mike and Sherry Hulsey from FBCR are the directors. I would love to be involved with this ministry and feel called to work along side Cuerpo Vivo (the Hispanic Ministry at FBCR), who I have been very involved with. God has been revealing to me that it doesn't have to be an 'either/or' situation, but can be 'both/and'. Perhaps I can spend an extended visit in Nic a few times a year. And then I can still work with Cuerpo Vivo here in Rogers. What I ask from you is to PLEASE PRAY FOR ME TO RECEIVE DISCERNMENT TO DISCOVER GOD'S WILL IN MY FUTURE. I'll keep you posted on what I feel Him telling me as we go along. But especially pray for me on this trip (March 20-27).

The time changes to Daylight Savings tonight. Ugh, spring forward! The one good thing is that the clock in the car will be right now. (I don't know how to change it, so it's right for half of the year. ha) Now, I'll have to start going to bed earlier. That shouldn't be too much of a challenge!

The last few days were really busy. Thursday I worked with my friends Cindy and Elizabeth for about 5 straight hours cleaning, sorting, organizing and recycling stuff in 2 rooms at the church. We got a lot done, but have another day or two of work to go. Unfortunately, I don't have any time this week and then I'm gone for a week to Nic. The week I'm back, Cindy is busy directing Homeschool testing. So, it'll be almost a month before we tackle the project again. But, it's gonna be worth all the hard work! I'm changing my former Missions Office into a Missions resource room for doing local ministry projects, Backyard Bible Clubs, Project Love Events, and it will also serve as a new home for the Puppet Ministry (which is dormant at the moment). I'm glad to be getting it done.

Time for bed. Tomorrow is another busy day. I may not be able to fit it all in. But that's just My schedule. What matters is that I am sensitive to God's schedule and fit that all in. He's the best planner anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment