Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9, 2010

It's my birthay! Ever since I turned 50, birthdays have seemed funny to me. (mine, that is)
I've had a good day. I woke up extra early. (I hear that the elderly do that) I started the day with working at the Ministry Day for the FBCR Ladies Bible Study. I led the team that went to Northside Elementary School. We took thank you notes to the teachers and other staff, home baked goodies to all the workers at the school, special supplies for teachers who requested them, and lots of supplies for the Teachers workroom. We also sorted and cataloged some books for one teacher and helped in a few classrooms by listening to kids read. It was a nice day of serving. The teachers kept thanking us. They need a lot of encouragement and deserve a lot of thanks for all they do for the kids. It was a blessing to us to serve them. When we were ready to leave, the counselor asked me to step into the principle's office. Oh, did that bring back memories. ha! But I wasn't in trouble. She just wanted to thank me for what we had done and to chat a little. It was sweet.

Other Bible study ladies worked on some other projects like washing baby bottles for Loving Choices Pregnancy Center, helping at Samaritan Community Center and doing some cleanup and organizing at the church. Afterwards there was a luncheon and time of sharing. I had to skip the luncheon, but the ladies sang happy birthday to me. That was nice.

I went to lunch with some of my friends from Cuerpo Vivo. We usually have our Cuerpo Vivo staff meetings at noon on Tuesdays, but today we ended up just having some food and fellowship and holding off the business talk until tomorrow. Lupita sang happy birthday to me in English. That was so special.

Actually, I had quite a few seranades of Happy Birthday today. My sister left the song as a voice mail, as did my friend Nana Ruth, little 4 year old Genisis sang to me on the phone, the Janes family sang to me when I walked in the door, and my friend Cindy also sang. What fun! Speaking of birthday wishes, I've received over 100 from my friends on facebook. That is so neat. I truly feel loved. God has blessed me with many wonderful people to call friends.

My previous 2 birthdays were celebrated in nyc. Those are special memories. I really appreciate everyone's love. Tonight I was treated to dinner with the Janes family. I just love that family!

I fell down today on a slick floor. I ended up doing the splits with one leg and landing on one knee. Thankfully, I didn't hurt anything too much, except my pride. At least the only witness was my friend Cindy. I blame the incident on the slick floor, but perhaps it's due to my age and now I should invest in a 'Life Alert' necklace for my elderly physical state. ha

Now it's time for this old gal to hit the hay. I'll need my strength for tomorrow. Because growing older is not for sissies! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment