Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What a fun day! It started like a normal Wednesday... weekly meeting with John, then our monthly staff meeting with assistants, then the monthly lunch for all the ladies on staff.

Lunch was yummy at the Bread and Butter Bakery in downtown Rogers. It's a small cafe in the back of an old building that houses antiques in the front. It reminds me a lot of small restaurants in nyc, except that there is a lot more room between the tables here. I had the veggie delight sandwich (fresh baked bread with homemade light veggie cream cheese, sprouts, cucumber, tomato, and avocado), chopped salad and cup of soup. Since it was my birthday lunch from Glenda, I got a free dessert. I chose a big chocolate brownie thing with dark chocolate. I cut it into pieces and shared with the girls at my table. Poor Nana Ruth almost lost a finger when she grabbed a piece before I finished cutting it. Glad I was paying attention! It was really yummy and rich. And since it was dark chocolate, it was medicinal. right?

I took the afternoon off for myself. (a first one in a long time) I walked for 3 miles at the Wellness Center, ran to the bank, stopped at Payless Shoes for a couple of sale flip flops, stopped at Kohls and found the PERFECT item to use as a cover up for my bathing suit. (speaking of that, this is the first swimsuit I have bought in 20 years and the first one worn in about 10 years! It's been traumatic!) I knew what I had in mind for the cover up, but couldn't find it anywhere. Deanna gave me birthday money to buy one whenever I found it. What I ended up with is a great black knit wrap dress that is perfect for a swimsuit cover up and a dress and a kind of robe all in one for when I go to Nicaragua in just over a week. It fit my imagination to a t! I know God put it in my mind and in my reach. I was tickled pink!

I then went to pick up some prescriptions for myself and Deanna, then stopped and got a pedicure. I don't usually splurge on those, but I wanted to get an overhaul on my feet after winter, since I'll be wearing flip flops in Nicaragua. The leg and foot massage was heavenly. After that I stopped at Walmart for some groceries and some items for the Nic trip. I found a sporty waterproof watch really cheap, a baseball cap with a large bill, a small (cheap) backpack to use everyday, and clearance sunglasses. Since the shades were only $3, I bought 2 identical pairs in case I crush one. What fun!!! Then I grimaced as I filled the car with gas.

A quick stop at the library and then I was home sweet home before dark! That hasn't happened too often lately. Yummy leftovers, a salad and garlic bread and I was happy! I tried on my new duds to show Deanna. It was a fun fashion show! ha! I've started gathering the items I'll be taking to Nic. I'm getting so excited! I just need to get my sunblock and bug spray and I'm pretty much ready!

Well, I spent all my birthday money today and got exactly what I was looking for. It was just perfect!

I'm always amazed to see God working in His perfect way. Even in things like allowing me to find my heart's desires today. I'm thankful that He always surprises me and cares enough to put the little things in my path to bless me. I can never be thankful enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment