Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A relaxing evening at home. I was able to come home today in time to fix dinner. It was yummy. Deanna said I haven't been home before dark in 3 years. Even though she was exaggerating, I got the point that I've been gone a lot lately. It was really nice to be home and have dinner and get into my jammies with my laptop and kick back a little.

Yesterday, I got to babysit for the Janes kids while Bill took Becca out for her birthday dinner. The kids are always fun and little Phillip was extra cuddly because he was sick. I'm sorry that he didn't feel well, but I sure do like snuggling with him on my shoulder. What a sweet little angel.

Today's Disciple/Leadership class for Cuerpo Vivo was very good. I get such a workout in Spanish during these classes. Everyone is so patient and supportive when it's my turn to read the scriptures. I love being immersed in the language more and more every week.

I have to say that Oliver is such a good teacher. God has gifted him richly with the talent of communication and teaching. Of course, I give him a hard time, but I am truly blessed to have him tutoring me in Spanish, and teaching the leadership class. God is using him mightily at Cuerpo Vivo. Speaking of which, Jaime and Oliver make a great team of Pastors. Jaime is so compassionate and loving in his preaching and caring for the congregation. That church family is growing in every sense. It is so great to be a part of it.

The Cuerpo Vivo goal of reading the New Testament in 30 days has stretched to 45 days for me, but I'm happy to say I've made it to Revelation. On Friday, I was half way through Romans. Needless to say, I did a lot of reading over the weekend. I was thankful to have quiet times during the 4 days of granny & dog sitting. I purposely stayed off the computer to have time to read. It's been great to spend so much time in the Word. I've really enjoyed this journey. I'll have to tackle the Old Testament soon. I know many, many people have read the Bible through many, many times. I've tried before, but never enjoyed it like this time. I feel the Holy Spirit drawing me near. And I'm glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment