Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's quiet in the house. Deanna and Jet have both retired for the evening. The cat is skulking around doing her thing. I just enjoyed a cup of hot green tea and am taking advantage of some time to relax and reflect.

This past week was very busy. I love it, but I don't like getting run down. Thursday I finally got to work from home and get tons done on the computer. Although, I started feeling kind of sick. I stayed in for the evening and skipped the Medical Clinic. I felt a little better on Friday and went into the church to work. I printed off all the stuff I had worked on Thursday. By the time I hit Walmart for some groceries and some ministry supplies and got home it was 5pm. (so much for trying to work a half day) I finally got to have 'lunch' at dinner time. I then sat down and put my feet up and hoped to feel better by going to bed early. I was glad to get many needed tasks accomplished.

This morning I got up at 7am to catch up on some Bible reading. I nodded off and woke up again at 9:45!! Oh well, that nap did me a world of good. Deanna said that she could tell that I felt better. I made a huge pot of my special oatmeal for the entire next week. I fixed some roast chicken and potatoes on my trusty Pampered Chef baking stone - Yum! I did a couple loads of laundry and worked on the computer some more. I printed off almost 50 certificates for Baptism and Membership Class completion to be given out in service tomorrow at Cuerpo Vivo. I worked on translating into English the five songs we will sing in service tomorrow. The Nicaragua mission team will join Cuerpo Vivo for worship before our team meeting. I wanted to have the translated songs for them to read during the singing. Oliver and Erika corrected my translation and the songs are ready to go. I love that $25 printed I got on Black Friday!!!

This afternoon/evening I was blessed to babysit for the Martinez kids. We made homemade pizza, stuffed a couple dozen bean bags, did a sticker project, watched a Veggie Tales movie and played a lot. It was a fun evening. The kids are fun and well behaved. They love Jet and he loves them. Ana was looking at some of the paintings that Deanna has made. She wondered how Deanna did them so well without messing up. I think she was impressed.

I'm going to try to catch up a little on my Bible reading before bed. I won't make the goal of reading the New Testament in 30 days, but I think I can do it in 45. That will have to be my goal. But I'm okay with that. I'm enjoying it, I'm just not having much time available to do big chunks at a time.

Project Love is next Saturday and this week will be very busy. This time next week, I'll be relaxing and looking forward to some time to devote to Bible reading and Spanish study and working out at the Wellness Center. I'm looking forward to that!!!

God has been so good to me lately. He is so faithful to continue to lead my path and forgive me when I lose focus on His plans. My strength comes from Him. I'm so thankful for His wisdom and power. I pray that He will be glorified through every word and deed this week. I love Him so.

No comments:

Post a Comment