Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday, November 7, 2009

What beautiful weather we have been having lately!! And more to come this next week! 70s in November?? We have really been blessed. Jet and I went out for a walk today. It's been a while and he was sooo excited. I think he stopped and checked out every blade of grass!

This past week has been a roller coaster of feeling good/bad, excited/disappointed, encouraged/frustrated with just about everything! But through it all, I'm thankful for God and His control of my life. Even when I don't like how things are going at the moment.

The Precept Bible study on Covenant ended on Tuesday. It was a good study, although I missed the 'real' Precept format. We had a small class that was very into sharing ideas and views. I got a lot out of the class. I'm going to work on some small Bible studies for the next few months until we start Precept classes again in January.

Part of the roller coaster of emotions last week was health issues. (I'm so tired of them!) Anyway, the doctor's office was finally actually trying to schedule the surgery for Monday and then the computers and even the fax capabilities of the scheduling system was 'down' yesterday. Soooo, they are trying to get me scheduled Monday morning for surgery on Tuesday. I'm really hoping, but I'm not holding my breath. Too many 'almosts' lately. I kept telling God that I trusted His timing and plans, but did admit to Him that I was cranky about it. (of course, He already knew that, but it's part of my growth to admit it. *smile*)

I was able to get so much work done this past week. I have my little office area set up in the den part of my rooms. I spent a few hours each day at the church doing the physical stuff needed to be done, as well as printing off what I had done on the computer at home. Things seem to be on schedule.

I also got to spend some time on my rooms and taking care of clutter and organization. It feels good to get that stuff done. I'm so thankful for the cozy, love-filled home I get to live in. God has blessed me so much with Deanna and her hospitality.

I've been trying to find info on Nicaragua to be studying up on. It's pretty darn hard to find stuff. I've been to Barnes and Nobel, the public library, Amazon.com... Lots of stuff on Central America in general, and all the other countries within Central America, but not much on Nic. Looks like I'll be spending some time on the net.

Spanish classes are going well. I'm trying to practice a lot. I want it all to stick in my brain. I'm enjoying the learning part. I can't wait to see where my language skills will be by year's end. And I hope to be a lot more improved by the time the mission trip in March comes along.

Time to call it a night. I pray that everyone is having a great fall and can take the time to step back and reflect on Thanksgiving and all that these next two months bring in terms of family and love and God. Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment