Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I can't believe it's the week before Thanksgiving! ahhh!!! Wow, has time flown by!

I had my 1 week checkup with Dr. Rogers today and I'm doing great! I've been such a good girl and taken it easy physically, while still getting to accomplish a lot of work on my laptop. I've been able to rest when needed, too. I haven't felt this good in a long, long time. Thank you Lord!! Dr. Rogers says everything is good. My gallbladder was chronically inflamed, which doesn't show up on any tests. Now that it's out, I am a new woman! I'll continue to eat healthy (and as organic as possible) to heal my liver and to get as strong as possible. I want to be ready for every opportunity that God brings my way!

Dr. Rogers is in the Army Reserves and is being deployed to Iraq in a few weeks. I'll keep him and his family in my prayers. I'm glad that he could be my doctor when I needed him.

The weather has become chilly and seems to be appropriate for this time of year. It puts me in the mood for Thanksgiving and Christmas!! I am ready to see some pretty snowflakes. They don't have to stick, just flutter!

Tomorrow evening I'm going to meet Gus, a puppy who I will be sitting with over the next week. I hope we hit it off nicely. I'm very spoiled with good old Jet here at home. :)

I seem to be waxing sentimental lately. I'm so thankful for the different people that God has brought into and out of - and through - my life. He has shown me many different aspects of Himself in each person and situation. He allows our lives to be very full if we just open up and allow it.

I know that one of the things I need to work on is not to be so task-oriented and to be more relationship-focused. I want to enjoy the journey and be a blessing to others along the way. I know I like to be around people who have that same mindset. And above all, He is to be adored.

No comments:

Post a Comment