Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 20-23, 2014

The last few days have been fun and interesting. I’m feeling very blessed.
I sleep really well in my temporary bedroom at the guest house. I’m enjoying the company of Maureen and Craig, who are other North Americans renting rooms this month. There have been a couple of other people here just for a night or so, but we three are the main ones right now.

I’m enjoying exploring this part of town, and it’s so wonderful to be within walking distance of almost everywhere I want to go. Some of my favorite places are fun to find from this direction. I was used to getting to them from the other side of town. I love that each new place is being filed away on the Monopoly board in my mind. ☺

I took some clothes to the lavandería to washed and dried and to meet the ladies there. I paid the housekeeper here at the guest house to wash my ‘no-dry’ clothes. It makes me sound lazy, but it gives her an extra income and the first day that I met her, she gave me her rate for washing clothes. She was so happy that I was pleased with her work. It’s so great to be able to give someone a personal feeling of achievement and not just money. I try to remember to look at each person as God does and let them feel honored and valued. I don’t mean that in a haughty way, I mean it as a fellow child of God. I’m thankful for the way that He allows interaction with each other if we will only open our eyes and hearts.

I’ve gotten to eat some street food from some special vendors and I love it! It’s so tasty and cheap! It satisfies me on many different levels. I’m also having fun meeting the people on my street who own various tiny stores in the front of their houses. Love the neighborhood feeling here.

Monday night, there were 4 new students for English Bible Study Group, who came over to get to know me and each other. It wasn’t an official class night, so we didn’t have the regular students, except for Franklin, who never misses a chance to practice his English with me. What a great group of people. I love their different personalities and how everyone kind of gelled and felt a part of something bigger than themselves. As hungry as they are for practicing English, they are hungry to study the Word, too. I think it’s going to be an awesome year of study and fellowship!

I’ve been reading a book recommended by my friend Tamara. It’s titled “Grace Walk” by Steve McVey. It is wonderful! Of course, I’m a sucker for anything with the word Grace in it, but this book is very good. It helps me to understand more of how to have a truly personal walk with God and also has helped me to understand a little better some of the things that God has brought me through in the last year.

As I’m watching for God to show me how HE wants this ministry to be this year, I’m seeing/feeling/understanding different things from many different experiences that He is leading me through. I want to walk through each day with my eyes/ears/heart wide open to not miss a thing. If it’s from HIM, it’s a treasure, whether it’s comfortable or not, whether it’s happy or not, whether it makes sense to my little mind or not… He is faithful in completing HIS plans and I’m just a small part. I’m thankful that He allows me to know Him, love Him, and serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment