Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 15-19, 2014

Oh how wonderful to be back in Nica! And how exciting to be here on my own, close to so much in town, near friends and Nica family. And how glorious to be in God’s will and living in the strength and boldness of the Holy Spirit to help me live in obedience to Him. I am so blessed!

There are 6 rooms in this guest house. Right now, there are 3 monthly renters, including myself. I share a bathroom with one other person, but it’s not trouble at all. I have a furnished room, so my stuff is still stored at my friend’s house next door. It’s very handy to just run next door and dig through my mountain of stuff and grab what I need. Here at the guest house, we share a living room, tv room, dining room and kitchen. There is a gated front porch, and even though it’s on a busy street, it’s very peaceful for me. ( I learned to block out noise when I lived in NYC for 2 years) We have cable, a large screen tv and internet all included in our rent. It’s a very nice set up! I’m thankful to be here and get to explore the options that God has planned for my ‘permanent’ home. There’s no pressure. And it’s fun!

I am learning where lots of things are here in the neighborhood. I had breakfast at a nice little spot on the corner for just over a dollar us. I’m 1 ½ blocks from a park, my haircut lady, a fresh market and lots of little stores are on my street. I’m only about 4 blocks from a major grocery store in one direction and 2 blocks from a medium size one in the other direction. I’m 4-7 blocks from almost all of my favorite restaurants, central park, central market, etc… And I love walking so much! Living here reminds me so much of living in NYC and I absolutely love getting to ‘be’ in the middle of ‘life’ going on all around me. I’m happy as a clam!

I think I’ve narrowed down the options for God’s place for me to move in to. He’s showing me many aspects of what He wants the ministry to be for this year and what things that I need to consider when making my decisions. I could just rent a room somewhere very cheap for just myself. But He is directing me to rent someplace big enough to be the center of the ministry. A place with a suitable kitchen & living room to have people over, plenty of space for classrooms for Bible Studies and sewing/skills classes. A place that I will feel safe and will have access to things that I don’t even know that I will need. He has it all planned out and I’m excited as He turns each page to reveal more day by day.

I’m walking a lot each day and I happily trek to the stores, restaurants and meeting up with people. I know that my health will be so much better! I’m also not eating as much, since I can have my own schedule for meals and can eat the weird meals that are best for my body and it’s issues. Basic living is so nice! Hard sometimes, but nice!

I’m working on putting the plans and thoughts, prayer requests and praises of the ministry on paper to share with prayer partners and supporters. God has so many things going on in my mind right now. I’m allowing Him to filter them to the point of communication. I want to be honest and authentic in everything I do and I don’t want to get ahead of Him and His plans.

He is awesome and I love my Father, my Jesus and my Holy Spirit with all my heart. I am so humbled and thrilled that He would use my redeemed life for His glory. He is worthy of so much more than me, but I belong to Him and I pray that I don’t hinder Him in using my life as an example of His wonderful grace and mercy and His power of redemption. Awesome God!

No comments:

Post a Comment