Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 12-14, 2014

These last days in the states were spent visiting with people, finishing shopping and packing for Nica, packing up my stuff at Deanna’s so she can use my room when needed, and lots of prayer about what God has planned.

I always stress over getting every inch and ounce allowed in my luggage/tubs. I actually packed my laptop bag full (that’s my traveling version of a purse), my carryon filled with important stuff, my large suitcase and one trunk filled with all types of things to make my life easier in Nica, as well as gifts for my Nica friends. I knew that I was getting very full and heavy, but I was trusting that God would let my luggage make the cut!

I actually have 2 more trunks packed and ready to be brought down by friends coming in the spring. And then, of course, I’ll be traveling back and forth for a short visit in April. I’ll have a list of more stuff to bring down then, too! I’m thankful that God allows blessings to be brought down to Nica.

Anyway, after getting all packed and getting my 3 months of meds, taking care of some personal financial responsibilities, finishing my 2013 taxes (almost anyway), I got the chance to visit with some dear people who are praying extra for my ministry in 2014. They are coming along side and have different talents, skills and wisdom to round out the team of advisors/prayer warriors that are needed to make this ministry be as effective as possible. I’m so blessed!

Ok. On Jan 14, I traveled to Nica. It was a smooth day of travel, but long and tiring, nonetheless. I prayed that God would keep me aware of people that He was bringing across my path that day and that I wouldn’t just tune out in travel mode. He was very in that aspect. I actually had a very quick, but meaningful conversation with someone who works at the airport. She wrote down my name, looked me up on facebook and when I turned my facebook on in Nica, there was a friend request from her and a nice message. We are going to keep in touch and I find it awesome that God made and grew that connection when I didn’t even realize it. How sovereign is He?! There was also a guy who sat next to me on the plane who was special. Without going into details right now, I was encouraged and blessed to have the discussion with him and he asked for my contact info for he and his fiancé to get in touch in the future. I don’t know if he will really call, but I will pray for him and God’s touch on His life.

Jorge picked me up from the airport in his taxi and we crammed my luggage into the car. I had not been practicing my Spanish hardly at all in the states, but we did just fine conversing on the way to León. We have very funny conversations and he is a good man and good friend. I treasure him, Lesly and little Bruno very much as friends. I was very tired by the time we got to my new temporary room at a guest house (called Harvest House). It was about 11:30pm and I just jumped into my sleeping clothes and fell into bed. I had no idea what the house, room, bed or anything looked like. I just knew that God would make me feel comfortable. I slept very well.

It was so wonderful to be back in Nica and I’m super excited to see all the pieces of my life come together in God’s plan for what He has for me to do this year. I am blessed beyond words! All Glory goes to HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment