Friday, December 6, 2013

November 24 - December 2, 2013

The week and a half in Nica for the year. All the teams have come and gone. All the North Americans have come and gone. It’s nice an peaceful and special these last days.

I spent my time packing up the rest of my room, getting it ready to move to storage at my friend, Tamara’s house. I also got the chance to visit with many friends, some whom I had not had the chance to be with for quite some time. I truly enjoyed myself.

I was thankful for the chance to finish packing in a calm manner. I don’t like moving, especially in stages, and it was nice not to feel rushed or stressed. I got the chance to give away more things and pare down a bit. Of course, if you looked at everything stacked up at Tamara’s house, you would wonder how I got all of that stuff in one little room at the team house! LOL Living in NYC taught me well!

I also got the chance to do a lot of reading and Bible study. I love having a calm, peaceful atmosphere to listen to God speaking to me. I enjoyed some hot green tea in the mornings and iced green tea the rest of the day. It was good for my soul (and my body).

Even though I blew my budget on taxis for the week, I was thankful to get to go into town for dinners and visits with friends. I loved getting the chance to walk around the city. I LOVE walking and getting to do this. It reminds me of when I lived and served as a missionary in NYC. Those were the happiest times in my life. Hard, but happy. I knew I was in the will of God and felt the blessings of obedience.

As I enjoyed my time running around León, I could feel God’s confirmation on His call for me to focus only on His plans and be devoted to following His guidance and direction. I kept ‘randomly’ running into people that I will have more and more interaction with in the future. More blessings from God and promises for the coming days.

On Sunday, Dec 1, I worked with the kids at church at the team house for the last time. We had fun. Then I got to have lunch with a friend and her son and ran into other friends and their babies. I had visited with other friends on Saturday and their baby. I was baby-blessed!

Estefanie came over for the afternoon/evening on Sunday and helped me pack. I sent all the extra food from my fridge to her house. It was wonderful to spend some quality with her. Love her so much!

I finished packing by early Monday morning and my friends came with a truck to pack it all up. This was the third load to go. The twin bed/mattress, fridge, large shelf and rocking chair had to all be tied on top of the truck. I felt a bit like the Clampetts moving to Beverly Hills. LOL

As I left the team house for the last time, I started crying. Alberto had actually made me teary the night before, as he told me how much he respected me and would miss me. He and I were the ones who lived at the team house full-time. (him all year round) I also said goodbye to some of the other workers and we were all teary eyed. Most of the workers were on vacation, so they were spared the emotions!

As we drove down the street, I felt such a freeing feeling, knowing that it was the first step in God’s plans for me for the future. I felt so safe in His care and excited for Him to reveal all His surprises for me.

We got to Tamara’s and her wonderful sons and Francisco unloaded my stuff and added it to my section of their storage room. It was such a blessing to have guys around to do all of the heavy lifting!

So this was the last pages of the last chapter at the VOH team house. My heart is at peace and excited at the same time. I trust in God’s sovereignty and faithfulness completely!

Can’t wait to see how He reveals each little piece for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment