Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December 4-17, 2013

After returning to the cooler weather in AR, I looked for all my warmer clothes to be ready for the stay in the states. It was weird to wear shoes and socks all the time. Too cold for flipflops here!

There was a winter storm coming through, so I went to Walmart to get some groceries and necessities for iced-in days, as well as what I needed just because I had been gone to Nica. The stores weren’t too bad yet, but it was coming!

Deanna and I were iced-snowed in for a week. We were cozy and had plenty to keep us busy. We got ice first, so we didn’t want to drive anywhere. Then we got about 8” of snow on top of that, so we stayed inside. I enjoyed some computer work, end of year bookkeeping, quilling Christmas presents, preparing for new ministry opportunities in 2014, communication with people, catching up on some HGTV and Food Channel shows, Bible Study, reading, cooking and baking, and of course, naps!!! It was a great retreat for me! Deanna and I got to talk a lot, too. She is such a great listener and encourager. I’m blessed to be taken care of by her.

The lovely friends who loan me their car when I’m in the states, Michael and Vickie Brown, needed to borrow the car back when his truck had some issues. It was not a problem for me at all, since I didn’t want to drive their car on the bad roads anyway. It is such a huge blessing to me to get the use of their car. They think it’s no big thing. How thankful I am that God leads them to share their car with me. They are my angels!

I was very blessed to get to spend most of the day with my dear friend Becca Janes and we had lunch, ran some errands, visited the grocery store, picked up kids from schools and just had a nice time talking. She is such a sweet, sweet friend and I love spending time with her!

I had to get all of my Christmas stuff done before the 18th. I got the car back the afternoon of the 17th, and ran all of my errands in Rogers and delivered some gifts and cards. I got all my stuff packed and ready for Christmas in IN with my family. Then I got my room ready for Deanna’s family to use while I was gone. I was actually doing laundry and packing the morning I left for the road trip. No stress, just taking it as it comes…

I loved getting to spend so much ‘down’ time. I’m naturally a person who has to keep moving and keep doing things or I feel lacking. God is using different circumstances to teach me to ‘Be still…’ and to experience His sovereignty and mercy and grace. I’m thankful for His desire to draw me near to Him and to know Him and to love Him and to serve Him. I can’t imagine anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment