Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December 20-24, 2013 Visit to IN

The time difference here in Indiana is 1 hour from AR and Nica. Not too bad, but sleeping in till 8am really means getting up at 7am. Blah. But nothing pressing is on the agenda, so it’s not too bad.

Sandy and I ran errands Friday morning, starting with grocery buying at 1 of 4 stores with bargains. We filled up the Tahoe with groceries and brought them back to the house and shoved the cold stuff into the fridges and then headed back out to shop. We met my nephew-in-law and kids at McDonalds for lunch and took the kids with us. Bentley was not feeling too good and mostly slept all afternoon. We ran a bunch of errands and then headed home for the evening.

Saturday morning, Sandy and I headed out again for shopping, this time with my niece Stacey. It was getting cold and it was a little bit rainy. We were forecast to get a lot of rain very quickly and flooding roads was the fear of everyone. We had a yummy lunch at Chili’s and just kept going from store to store. I was thrilled to find some stuff on clearance for Nica. We had a crockpot full of roast and veggies waiting for us at home and I was glad to get back to my sister’s cozy house.

Rains had caused rivers to rise and roads to flood, so I didn’t get to go to church with my Mom and stepdad on Sunday. I watched the 3rd week of the ‘Believe’ Christmas special from my home church on the internet. I really enjoyed it.

On Monday, I round a route around some of the flooding roads so that I could meet up with my other sister Pam and her husband Rob for our own Christmas dinner at their favorite restaurant. There is a steak place in a town about 30 miles away that has all you can eat ribs on Mondays. It was divine! We could even bring some home! I sent my ‘left-overs’ home with Rob for dinner. We had a fun time visiting with Rob’s mom and niece. It was very cold and I wanted to get home to Sandy’s before dark, because of the closing roads, so I made my way home about 4pm. Rob and Pam and I will get together again before I leave for AR next week.

Sandy and I stayed home on Tuesday, baking and cooking (mostly Sandy) and I did some quilling and supervised my great-nephew Conner with his new glue gun. It was nice to stay inside where it was warm.

We had a very nice and quiet Christmas Eve at Sandy’s and went to bed rather early. I missed being in church services, but I got to ‘ponder’ about Jesus’ birth. I love Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to myself, with Jesus, so this was nice to have some quiet time by myself. Next, those reindeer games with the niece, nephew and their kids! God is good and it’s fun to celebrate love and Jesus with each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment