Sunday, March 3, 2013

February 24 - March 2, 2013

Sunday morning I woke up to voices outside under the rancho. I opened my curtains to see a group of people who I didn’t know was coming over! It was a group from a church who were having a Baptism service and then swimming in the pool. The Pastor is one of my new students in the English Bible Study and it was good to see him! I always enjoy listening to the music and preaching when there is a service here. I was very happy!

I have a ton of work to do on the tracking reports for the Feeding Centers as well as planning some stuff for a couple of the teams coming. So I’m trying to get as much done ahead of time on my teaching notes for the classes as I can. I’m making pretty good progress, but it’s time consuming. I love being able to check things off of my to-do list! Especially, when it’s huge chunks of work at a time.

Edmundo and Saturnino are taking turns covering for Alberto (our guard/gatekeeper) while he is on vacation. I ordered Tip Top Chicken for us to be delivered for our lunch/dinner. I love being able to treat the workers when I can.

I did a lot of laundry while catching up the rest of the 2 weeks worth of Bible Study that I’m attending on Wednesday nights. The rest of the day swam, napped and watched a video. Pretty sweet day!!

I wish there were 2 of me or maybe even 3 sometimes. I have more stuff to do than one person can accomplish most of the time. But I love all of it and wouldn’t change a thing, except for having more time to do it all!!

Monday’s classes went great. I’m always tired by the end of the night, but I’m also pumped! What better way to spend time than talking about God’s Word??? I love all the students and we have a great time of discussion. God is teaching me so much through preparing for the classes. It’s awesome!

I’ve been ordering more stuff via internet for the March team to bring down to me. They may have to add some team members just to carry the stuff! Haha It really is a blessing to have them bring stuff that I need.

Tuesday evening, I sat in the office while 2 guys worked on our website. They speak very little English and I don’t speak Computer in either language, so it was funny! I did get the chance to sit at an unused computer and communicate through facebook and email. I also got the chance to research another new project (making scrub hats for the Feeding Center cooks to wear in place of the dreaded hairnets). Now, if I could just find the time to sew them up!

We have started having devotions each morning at 8am for all VOH workers who are on site. We take turns leading. Today was Saturnino’s turn and that man can PREACH!!!

Alberto returned from vacation and was checking to make sure the place was to his liking. Of course, we had a crew here all week repairing the thatched roof of the rancho, so it was a crazy mess everywhere! I usually work on a table outside my room (my office with a view), but it was too dirty and dusty there, so I crammed into the office with 4 other people. The next day, I worked at a table way down the long covered porch. But I did get a lot accomplished, despite the chaos. That was a blessing! I got to have a long message to and from Mary in the states. We miss her down here. But she would have gone crazy this week with all the dirty chaos! She would have been trying to clean it all up! Lol It will be good to have her back down here in May!

The Husley’s spent the day in Managua running errands and they picked up a basketball goal for Manuel. There was band practice in the afternoon and men working on putting together the basketball goal and people dodging the mess falling from the rancho roof. Quite the day! I left by taxi for my Bible Study. I had a great time and met some more of the ladies. When I got home, German was here and I got to have a nice chat with him. Then it was time for a video and bed. Another great day!

Thursday morning, I got word that a sweet baby boy named Parke Henry Gibson went to be with Jesus. Parke was a very special guy. He was a miracle baby in the fact that he lived longer than the 2 day-2 week expectancy. He lived 7 weeks and his story touched many, many people.

It was a very busy day for me and I loved it! Erika wanted to paint my toes (ladybugs this time) so I read through a curriculum presentation while she was at work. Love to multi-task! I got so much accomplished this week, I can’t believe it! God has blessed my days tremendously!

German was free for the evening, so we went to have Chinese food for dinner. We split a meal including appetizers and soup and it was yummy and fun. Then we walked over to a café and had frozen coffee. I love coffee, but don’t drink it because of the caffeine. So why, do you ask, did I drink coffee at 8pm?? I don’t know, but I was wide awake for a while! Lol

Friday was my turn for leading devotions. I shared a little bit about my testimony and history. I got emotional, especially when I think about how God has allowed me to be here with all these wonderful people.

I taught class in the morning and then after lunch, I joined Lesly on running some errands. I dropped off the originals for all my classes in March to get printed. Then I picked up books for us VOH ladies to do the Beth Moore study that I get to do on Wednesday nights. We priced some hammocks for the team house and then ran Lesly’s errands. I had them drop me off back at the printers and I waited for the copies to get finished. I ended up having to call Edmundo to come and get me because my copies filled an entire paper box and I couldn’t carry it and hail a taxi at the same time. LOL

I had a lovely quiet night on Friday and then a restful Saturday. I made some pancakes for me and Alberto. I got to work on the tracking reports for the Feeding Center (a daunting job). I treated myself to a nap and a swim with Buster. After some guitar practice and printing more song lyrics, I joined German for a quick run to Eskimo for ice cream. What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment